LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

GM first!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Seems you are stressing a bit much over something you have no control of. Let the process play out first, then get your blood pressure up.
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Am I the only one that thinks we should hire the GM first?? I feel like it would be counter productive to hire HC first. We are suggesting that the HC has more power than the GM....
i haven't seen anything saying we are going HC first, so thats a plus

We have 2 GM interviews set....6 HC interviews set....seems like buggy before the horse
When the GM is signed, we would have already interviewed the coaches most likely the new GM is going after

What if the GM doesn't have a guy in mind?

Then he's not gonna get the job. You think that's not gonna be discussed in the interview process?

I'm sure that's one of many....But if you're only interviewing Riddick and Wolfe, that's a pretty narrow path and that also assumes all the HC candidates want to work for that GM. My point is, unless you hire the GM who is picking the players and has a vision, then allow him to be apart of the hiring of the HC search, we will not have the cohesive relationship that is needed, regardless if the new GM likes the HC that has already been interviewed but hired....
if youre going to start these threads. then you better do your homework.

Those two are not the only GMs candidates that's going to be interviewed, so relax

we need to get a jump on every good candidate, Some GM/HC's are too busy and can't meet right away. So do you wait or interview people can do interviews right now ?
Am I the only one that thinks we should hire the GM first?? I feel like it would be counter productive to hire HC first. We are suggesting that the HC has more power than the GM....

We have 2 GM interviews set....6 HC interviews set....seems like buggy before the horse

Seems like they have no plan.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Seems, looks like the executing a plan right now.

Seems, looks like the executing a plan right now.

Like when they got rid of Harbaugh and hired Tomsula or when they hired Kelly and kept Baalke for some inexplicable reason?

What is their plan? I would love to hear it.
They don't know if they want to hire a coach or a GM first.
They should have hired a new person to run football ops to hire a GM but they didn't, the next best thing would have been to hire a GM and let that person hire their choice of coach. Instead, Jed and Paraag are going to choose both, on their own.
Like when they got rid of Harbaugh and hired Tomsula or when they hired Kelly and kept Baalke for some inexplicable reason?

They should have hired a new person to run football ops to hire a GM but they didn't, the next best thing would have been to hire a GM and let that person hire their choice of coach. Instead, Jed and Paraag are going to choose both, on their own.
Harbaugh has nothing to do with this.

can you even post towards future endeavors ?
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Jan 4, 2017 at 12:27 PM ]
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for D0PEMAN.
Who here thinks it'll be both simultaneously, like combo package?! Like....Mike & Kyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me about the future and the plan for the future.
Jed has said nothing about a plan, you have said nothing about a plan other than there must be one. All I have to go on is how Jed and Marathe have operated in the past, repeatedly. Jed did not say that anything would change in how he and Marathe operate.

Jed has said nothing about a plan, you have said nothing about a plan other than there must be one. All I have to go on is how Jed and Marathe have operated in the past, repeatedly. Jed did not say that anything would change in how he and Marathe operate.
So since you haven't seen or read the 49ers exact plans, means there is no plan at all ? that's pretty naive. If you can't see how aggressive they are in getting interviews with candidates who can interview right away as a plan unfolding then no one can help you. So far it looks like the 49ers have the most confirmed Interviews lined up.

Now that is impressive compared to what we have done in the past

So since you haven't seen or read the 49ers exact plans, means there is no plan at all ? that's pretty naive. If you can't see how aggressive they are in getting interviews with candidates who can interview right away as a plan unfolding then no one can help you. So far it looks like the 49ers have the most confirmed Interviews lined up.

Most likely, based on past experience.
"Most interviews" makes it sound like they are not very focused.

Most likely, based on past experience.
"Most interviews" makes it sound like they are not very focused.
so you would rather interview 2 guys ?

you call that a plan ?
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
Who here thinks it'll be both simultaneously, like combo package?! Like....Mike & Kyle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yipee!

It doesn't matter
Originally posted by luv49rs:

why do you think we're hiring a HC first?

Why interview HC candidate if you don't have a GM in place to be "apart of the process"?

Because, IMO, you may not be able to interview some of the candidates because of playoff restrictions.

I set up an elaborate upper management hiring process in the hospitality industry. Also to get a feel for the guys - the more people talk the more rehearsed responses go out the window and what the candidate is truly about surfaces.
Those aren't the only 2 GM candidates being interviewed. They should absolutely be interviewing both GM and HC candidates right now. I'm sure they still hire a GM first.
Share 49ersWebzone