There are 148 users in the forums

GM first!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Am I the only one that thinks we should hire the GM first?? I feel like it would be counter productive to hire HC first. We are suggesting that the HC has more power than the GM....
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Am I the only one that thinks we should hire the GM first?? I feel like it would be counter productive to hire HC first. We are suggesting that the HC has more power than the GM....
i haven't seen anything saying we are going HC first, so thats a plus
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

jed gonna jed
Originally posted by susweel:

jed gonna jed

Screw you Jabroni
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

why do you think we're hiring a HC first?
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

We have 2 GM interviews set....6 HC interviews set....seems like buggy before the horse
Originally posted by luv49rs:

why do you think we're hiring a HC first?

Why interview HC candidate if you don't have a GM in place to be "apart of the process"?
I'd prefer we get a GM first who hires the HC.

Thats why baalke should have been fired months ago and a GM aleady hired ready to snag a hc.

But jed and paraag are idiots so no surprise that they have a stupid ass backwards plan.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 4, 2017 at 10:25 AM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I'd prefer we get a GM first who hires the HC.

Thats why baalke should have been fired months ago and a GM aleady hired ready to snag a hc.

But jed and paraag are idiots so no surprise that they have a stupid ass backwards plan.

Exactly. If the new HC and GM are to "work cohesively", either they're a package deal or GM first....Jed double talk I guess
Worked for Seattle hiring Carroll 1st then Schneider. Mind u Carroll has more control or say then a traditional coach. Something the Yorks would likely never agree to.
[ Edited by crabman82 on Jan 4, 2017 at 10:31 AM ]

We have 2 GM interviews set....6 HC interviews set....seems like buggy before the horse
When the GM is signed, we would have already interviewed the coaches most likely the new GM is going after
Originally posted by crabman82:
Worked for Seattle hiring Carroll 1st then Schneider. Mind u Carroll has more control or say then a traditional coach. Something the Yorks would likely never agree to.

Carroll and Belichick is the exception....

When the GM is signed, we would have already interviewed the coaches most likely the new GM is going after

What if the GM doesn't have a guy in mind?

Then he's not gonna get the job. You think that's not gonna be discussed in the interview process?
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Then he's not gonna get the job. You think that's not gonna be discussed in the interview process?

I'm sure that's one of many....But if you're only interviewing Riddick and Wolfe, that's a pretty narrow path and that also assumes all the HC candidates want to work for that GM. My point is, unless you hire the GM who is picking the players and has a vision, then allow him to be apart of the hiring of the HC search, we will not have the cohesive relationship that is needed, regardless if the new GM likes the HC that has already been interviewed but hired....
Share 49ersWebzone