LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

How many solid to elite free agents can we sign? (Salary Cap Noob Question)

At least 100 this year.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think they break the bank for either Poe or Williams then sign some lesser guys to decent contracts. Add Bouye with either Poe or Williams with an upgrade at ILB and I'd be happy.

Getting a veteran NT who can stay healthy would be HUGE.
seeing how this is a weak OL class id raher spend the money to shore up this OL for next year
damm we could get mcvay for HC, cousins for QB and garcon / jackson for WR
free agent list is deep
with the new GM and salary cap

they could easy pick up a lot of middle money / age-good players and fill the roster
I'm talking about at least 15 FA signings, players with good playing time

this is actually a good job opening for the GM,
u get a fresh team with a good HC, #2 draft and all the money to go shopping on a new stadium

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/
need to find a replacement for our second first round pick last year in Garnett he blows I watched him get blown up on a regular basis
[ Edited by 49ersforlife4952 on Jan 4, 2017 at 8:24 AM ]
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
What about Terrell Pryor at WR....probably won't demand elite money but could be an elite WR in the making...I believe he is a FA

Watched him the last few games of the season and was impressed. He's big and fast, I can't recall a failed QB making it at another position with such success.
Poe 5yrs/60 million
Gilmore CB 5yrs /52 million
Nick Perry OLB 6 yrs/68 million
Terrell Pryor WR 5 yrs/30 million
Ian Williams 1 yr/3 Million
Cut kapernick 16.9 million saved
Cut Brooks 7.9 million saved
Cut Bethea 6 million saved
Cut Carradine 2 million saved
Resign Ward 4 years/40 million
Resign Lynch 2 years/10 Million
Draft M. Williams or Trubiskey or trade down with jets and draft M. Williams or a ILB
since we are technically still rebuilding, it would not be smart to go out spend most of our capspace. I would say pick up 2 solid to elite players. For example, Brandon Williams and Kevin Zeitler. Then on the side pick up some underrated players on 1-3 year deals
Originally posted by JeromeBettis36:
damm we could get mcvay for HC, cousins for QB and garcon / jackson for WR

I forgot that Jackson was a possibility. I ruled him out a long time ago figuring that he would never sign to play for Kelly again.

Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
Poe 5yrs/60 million
Gilmore CB 5yrs /52 million
Nick Perry OLB 6 yrs/68 million
Terrell Pryor WR 5 yrs/30 million
Ian Williams 1 yr/3 Million
Cut kapernick 16.9 million saved
Cut Brooks 7.9 million saved
Cut Bethea 6 million saved
Cut Carradine 2 million saved
Resign Ward 4 years/40 million
Resign Lynch 2 years/10 Million
Draft M. Williams or Trubiskey or trade down with jets and draft M. Williams or a ILB
Ward at 10 mill a year
Lynch at 5 a year

Since we are rapidly approaching a point where by the rules we have to start spending some money, I am hoping for one big name at a spot of need and then a couple of guys who can step in as starters. Sort of like how Cowboy came in along with a handful of role players and that was the start of the turn around in the talent pool under McCloughan. Sure we delayed it by some poor coaching choices before Harbaugh but it really started with one big name to anchor things, a few good starters that were added to some then young starters what were obvious hits like Willis and Bowman. On defense aren't as far from a turn around talent wise as the offense and I could see a smart free agency with a splash player like Poe actually paying huge dividends very quickly with the young talent around them and god willing a healthy year out of Bow.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Below are the list of my personal targets for each position.. How much do you all think they will cost us?

FS - Eric Berry

OLB - Melvin Ingram

ILB - Donta Hightower

WR/ST - Cordarrelle Patterson

DL - Dontari Poe; Nick Fairley

OT - Riley Reiff; Andre Smith
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Originally posted by NINERFORLIFE12:
What about Terrell Pryor at WR....probably won't demand elite money but could be an elite WR in the making...I believe he is a FA

Watched him the last few games of the season and was impressed. He's big and fast, I can't recall a failed QB making it at another position with such success.

Jullian Eddelman, Michael Robinson, Brian Mitchell, Antwan Randle El and Josh Cribbs were all college QB's off the top of my head. It is uncommon but not unheard of.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Below are the list of my personal targets for each position.. How much do you all think they will cost us?

FS - Eric Berry

OLB - Melvin Ingram

ILB - Donta Hightower

WR/ST - Cordarrelle Patterson

DL - Dontari Poe; Nick Fairley

OT - Riley Reiff; Andre Smith
If we sign half of these guys, we'll be in good shape
Share 49ersWebzone