LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 334 users in the forums

49ers Finale 2016 - Thoughts on the season and the team going forward...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 951NINER:
I don't agree with a lot of your points so I'll just say I liked #7 and #9 the best!

lol.

No worries.
Originally posted by zonkers:
I figure Gore will probably try to get that ring. But, he would be a great guy to bring back. He's a guy that can be depended on out on the field and in the locker room. He'd help transition in the new coach and QB.

Cough"Patriots"cough
Maybe they aren't cheap. But I wouldn't classify the 30 mil to coaches no longer here as a positive or a feather in Jed's cap. To me it just confirms that they are terrible at running a pro football team. And just look like plain idiots
Originally posted by Wisconsininer:
Maybe they aren't cheap. But I wouldn't classify the 30 mil to coaches no longer here as a positive or a feather in Jed's cap. To me it just confirms that they are terrible at running a pro football team. And just look like plain idiots

Not disagreeing with you, but I'll take incompetent but trying over cheap and uncaring any day of the week.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
Marvin 49
I like all your points
Don't want to write took much but heres a thought....The last time we were 2-14 Bill Walsh was hired and a qb was selected in the 3rd round...3 yrs later'SUPERBOWL'

Actually the last time the 49ers were 2-14, Mike Nolan was hired and destroyed the confidence in a rookie QB.
Watson just doesn't impress me at all. Nothing stands out to me.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Marvin, what are some players you look forward to seeing in 2017? players you think made big strides this season and will become difference makers?

Hard to say who made big strides on such a bad team but I can tell you who I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more from in the future...

DeForest Buckner
Rashard Robinson
Jimmie Ward
Arik Armstead
Trent Brown
Ronald Blair
Jaquiski Tartt
Carlos Hyde
Vance McDonald
Joshua Garnett

I'm not making the case that all of these guys will be superstars or even stars, but I think they can all be building blocks for what the team will be in the future. These are the guys I have my eyes on.

Several of them are monstrously talented (Buckner, Brown, Hyde), several have all the physical ability in the world and are trying to put it together (Robinson, Armstead, Tartt, McDonald) and a few of them might be the locker room leaders they'll need in the future (Buckner and Garnett).

Now that the season is over, I'm more pumped up now than I've been in months. NOW we can start the process of righting the ship.

Agreed. Can't wait to see who the Coach & GM is and to see how all of these guys develop over the off-season & so many guys coming back from IR also
Share 49ersWebzone