There are 238 users in the forums

The Golden Trash Can Award

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Golden Trash Can Award

The year is over!!

Looking back over this abysmal season, which player s**t the bed the most? Who should win the coveted Golden Trash Can? Rookies will be excluded from the list for obvious reasons.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Bethea
Antoine "Speed bump" Bethea
But, it's also the coaches' fault for playing him so much.
Lol, you obviously created this thread for Kap. GTFO
Kap was the 2nd best player on this team behind Hyde this season, yet you guys will all vote for him. What a joke this fan base is. But hey Chip is the man! And so is Gabbert!
Armstead was injured during training camp so it seems ridiculous to include him on the list
An embarrassment of glitches.

I'm unable to choose.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Antoine "Speed bump" Bethea
But, it's also the coaches' fault for playing him so much.

Hahaha love the nickname...he's got to go!
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Lol, you obviously created this thread for Kap. GTFO

A poll with 18 options, and u r trying to make it all about kap gtfo
Why isn't Jed York on here. It would be the first thing he ever wins in his life.

Tough decision. Bethea's overall body of work pushes him towards the top but Kap's 3rd qtr numbers are only challenged by jim oneil's historic year as a DC. I'm hesitant about placing AA in this group because some of his tardation can be attributed to his injury. Marcus Martin continued to meet my expectations whenever he played but he is lacking the overall seasonal body of work the others have.

In the end I chose kap because he simply forgot he was playing football after halftime. He was so consistent at checking out after the 2nd qtr all season long. Kap would give a false sense of hope only to rip it out of the hearts of us watching on a weekly basis. Jim Oneil was a constant dumpster fire all season and I lost hope around week 3 and never gained it back.

p.s. I refuse to acknowledge the physical existence of Mike Purcel. Doing so would cause great emotional stress to myself.
[ Edited by PacTiger on Jan 3, 2017 at 5:45 AM ]
I know Arik Armstead was injured but that's part of why I chose him--2 years and this guy has shown nothing.

Just have a visceral feeling since the day he was drafted that he's worthless; nothing has alleviated that
I know we weren't really depending on him, but Marcus Martin is one of the most useless players I've ever seen.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
I know Arik Armstead was injured but that's part of why I chose him--2 years and this guy has shown nothing.

Just have a visceral feeling since the day he was drafted that he's worthless; nothing has alleviated that

I don't live in the market so can't watch all the games by far. But I thought AA did well last season, no? Just the occasional flash here and there?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
armstead. dude is a sack of s**t. so much hype coming out of TC. I believed none of it after seeing his efforts last season. He doesn't have the heart or drive. Takes every 3rd play off and even when he does try, he fails miserably.
Share 49ersWebzone