LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 424 users in the forums

New Head Coach Search Commences! Rumors and all else goes here!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Head Coach Search Commences! Rumors and all else goes here!

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Anyone afraid they could go after Kyle?

No. They could have dumped Pagano weeks ago and jumped into the HC race immediately if they wanted Shanahan that badly. Waiting until now to make the move wouldn't make much sense.

Doesn't have to make sense. Is it still possible... I'd say yes. I'm hoping they go after McD, not Shanny.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
There's just that funny feeling in most people's minds that Kyle will tell us to hold up because he's interested in coaching Luck. I know it's not the most-likely scenario but I can't blame people for being worried. The longer we wait, the more time there is for people to think about things and panic more.

He would be expected to win immediately with the Colts, but will have a couple of years grace in SF. I believe he's smart enough to honor his non-binding agreement with the niners.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
There's just that funny feeling in most people's minds that Kyle will tell us to hold up because he's interested in coaching Luck. I know it's not the most-likely scenario but I can't blame people for being worried. The longer we wait, the more time there is for people to think about things and panic more.

I agree. Which is why I'm kind of hoping the Falcons will lose so we can just make it a done deal already. It might already be and we just don't know it, but none of us are resting easy until its publicly made official.
No. They could have dumped Pagano weeks ago and jumped into the HC race immediately if they wanted Shanahan that badly. Waiting until now to make the move wouldn't make much sense.

well, they could have dumped their GM weeks ago also...
well, they could have dumped their GM weeks ago also...

The 49ers were the only GM opening available, so its not like they had competition for potential candidates. Not the case with the HC search, there were 5 vacancies including SF.
The 49ers were the only GM opening available, so its not like they had competition for potential candidates. Not the case with the HC search, there were 5 vacancies including SF.

Well, one can only hope...
Originally posted by Jcool:
Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez
I reported Chuck Pagano safe as @Colts HC few weeks back. Sill may be. But word going round is that Jim Irsay put freeze on asst coach hires

Pagano has been walking on eggshells with that team for 3 years lol. I don't know how he's survived this long.

After Manning and Polian, the Colts have turned into a s**tshow. Only reason why they've been decent is luck.....Andrew Luck. Appropriately named, because without that good fortune they'd be down here with the 49ers and Browns.

Andrew Luck is like Philip Rivers just horrible teams around them
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Anyone afraid they could go after Kyle?

Doesn't have to make sense. Is it still possible... I'd say yes. I'm hoping they go after McD, not Shanny.

Agreed, however Ersay Has been known to be a bit irrational. He might be going after the guy from The Vikes
  • bors
  • Veteran
I think colts give pagano one more year
Then the let him go and push hard at harbaugh
Share 49ersWebzone