There are 320 users in the forums

New Head Coach Search Commences! Rumors and all else goes here!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Head Coach Search Commences! Rumors and all else goes here!

Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Michael Silver ‏@MikeSilver
Niners' interest in Tom Cable was real. Owner Denise DeBartolo York interviewed him on the phone today for an hour...

This tweet is misleading should be reworded to make it sound like it is supposed to:

Because the Niner's interest in Tom Cable was real, owner Denise DeBartalo York interviewed him over an hour because of her concerns about his past domestic violence.

You can see that meddling runs in the family. Should have been kept quiet at the very least.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by battletowin:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 8m8 minutes ago
Packers execs Brian Gutekunst and Eliot Wolf look to be near top of the list for follow-up interviews. One or two others likely on the list.

This can end up being an awesome offseason

And both Packer guys will conveniently be there with Kyle after the game.
The PR machine in overdrive?
Doesn't anyone else find the fact/rumor that the Niners tried to get Gus Bradley to come despite the fact that he only want to be Cables DC a bit disturbing?

Sounds like more meddling ala Gase/Tomsula.
I was actually all in for Shanahan from the beginning, glad it's moving in that direction. Don't f**k this up Jed!!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Not sure we will ever know the truth...

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch
Realize this is yesterday news, but multiple sources have now said #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels was #49ers top choice.

i dont believe it

i believe josh and kyle were their top 2 choices. josh got wind that kyle was their guy and he dropped out to save face.

but who knows
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Doesn't anyone else find the fact/rumor that the Niners tried to get Gus Bradley to come despite the fact that he only want to be Cables DC a bit disturbing?

Could be that Shanahan had shown interest in him as a potential DC? Since Shanahan can't sign a contract yet, he can't put together a staff and will have to rely on others to do it for him, much like what happened with the Falcons and Quinn.

huh?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

I am sure its more if he was interested they find a way to figure out if Shanahan is receptive to that. Not trying to hire staff on their own.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 36m36 minutes ago
Tim Kawakami Retweeted Tom Dooley

Certainly the odds-on scenario, at this point. But let's see it play out. They went much further than this with Adam Gase 2 years ago, FYI.

Tim Kawakami added,

Tom Dooley @Duells06
@timkawakami according to @MikeSilver Kyle is going to accept a multi-year offer, so maybe we'll be alright....

Oh f**k off Kawakami.

TK fails to mention that BAALKE chose Tomsula over Gase

Baalke is gone dumbass!!! (tk)

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

huh?

Not sure what you don't understand about the question.

huh?

Not sure what you don't understand about the question.

I dont understand, in what capacity did we want Gus Bradley for? DC or HC?

I still don't believe that.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I dont understand, in what capacity did we want Gus Bradley for? DC or HC?

DC
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami 36m36 minutes ago
Tim Kawakami Retweeted Tom Dooley

Certainly the odds-on scenario, at this point. But let's see it play out. They went much further than this with Adam Gase 2 years ago, FYI.

Tim Kawakami added,

Tom Dooley @Duells06
@timkawakami according to @MikeSilver Kyle is going to accept a multi-year offer, so maybe we'll be alright....

Oh f**k off Kawakami.

Wasn't there some question as to whether Tomsula was a York stooge that was promoted at their behest?
Share 49ersWebzone