LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

New Head Coach Search Commences! Rumors and all else goes here!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Head Coach Search Commences! Rumors and all else goes here!

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Teams develop QB's all the time without an offensive minded HC. Its a nice thing to have but not a necessity and IMO Toub is simply the best coach out there. An experienced guy that is very well respected and has consistently had excellent performing units for over a decade. The more you learn about him the more you are stunned that he hasn't been a HC yet.

Ultimately this team needs the best possible HC. It doesn't make sense to favor a lesser coach just because they are on one side of the ball or the other. The coach themselves isn't going to be spending much time developing a certain player or position as they will be busy running the team so regardless of who the HC is, the responsibility in developing a QB will go to the OC and the QB coach.

The Bears essentially opted to go with Marc Trestman over Toub because they believed that Trestman would "develop a QB better." That didn't work out so well for them in the end.

Speaking to possible OC's, Rick Dennison may be available with the departure of Kubiak.
Originally posted by baltien:
Speaking to possible OC's, Rick Dennison may be available with the departure of Kubiak.

Would be a natural fit as an OC for Kyle Shanahan.
I think we should hire that dood from Dallas that is pro player director of whatever to come in with the same defensive run oriented philosophy like they have in Dallas to be the niners GM. The yorks like that s**t. Then let him pick a coach to implement the plan. There better be a f**king plan in place Paraag you douche hole.
If the kid stays healthy give the kid some continuity:

HC - Josh McDaniels
QB - Jimmy Garoppolo

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Jed needs to be prepared to lose 10+ games next year and be patient. I am tired of his b******t. You don't go to the playoffs every year. I'm younger than him, and even I understand that. How can a f**king CEO of a billion dollar football organization not get that?

He'll probably step in and fire the HC next year too because hes an ignoramus.

1) Chip Kelly hasn't been fired yet. It's increasingly looking like the next GM will decide his fate.

2) If he does get fired, consider that we set a franchise record losing streak this year and routinely melted down in the second half of every game. So if it happens, it's not like it's completely unwarranted.

Jed's options are to either keep him and hope we'll improve next season or risk missing out on this year's crop of coaching talent only to suffer the same result.

Honestly, I don't see what Kelly has done that has earned him another chance.

I think my two favorite possible coordinators available would be Mike McCoy and Wade Philips.

I think Kyle will probably take Matt LaFleur (current Falcons QB coach) with him as his offensive coordinator. LaFleur worked with Kyle in Houston then followed him to Washington and Atlanta to be his QB coach.

I know :(
I mean is chip getting fired or what?? It's been like 90 mins since the game was over...
Dave Toub?

wtf are you serious
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean is chip getting fired or what?? It's been like 90 mins since the game was over...

Most likely, he is meeting with Jed now. They'll formally announce it tomorrow.

Even if Jed doesn't fire him, the new GM surely will.

• dald1
  • Veteran
I wouldnt mind todd haley tbh
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Dave Toub?

wtf are you serious

Aw, c'mon man. We can call him "The Tub."

It'll be fun.

......I'm drunk.
Dave Toub?

wtf are you serious

He's considered one of the top HC candidates available this year. The best coach available to be hired IMO.

You can look at him like he's just some special teams coach or you can look at him having an incredible record of success, being a tremendous leader, well-respected and a guy that everyone seems to love, whether they work with him, play for him or coach against him.

He's been working with Andy Reid for almost 20 years and has long drawn interest as a head coach but just like Bruce Arians, he's gotten passed over for largely trivial reasons. I think he could be a fantastic head coach once given the opportunity.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/the-12-best-nfl-coaching-candidates-and-the-one-that-teams-are-too-scared-to-hire/

Many of his players over the years have told me Toub should be leading an entire team, not merely one unit. He's a leader of men. He commands respect. He gets the best out of players. He is arguably the best coach on Reid's esteemed staff in Kansas City, and Reid has been nothing but a developer of NFL coaches. He grows them. And Toub is one of his best, yet the fact that he coaches special teams works against him. That still remains true in spite of Hall of Famers like George Allen and Marv Levy were coaches who came through the special teams pipeline, not to mention Bobby Ross or Baltimore's John Harbaugh, another one of Reid's disciples.

' "He's a combination of Harbaugh and John Madden," one of Toub's former colleagues said. "He is the real deal. This guy can coach. Period. He's a big guy, physically, who can take over a room when he has to. He gets people to buy in. These guys love playing for him. He comes from a great [coaching] family tree. Look at Andy Reid's assistants over the years. This guy is ready. All he needs is a chance."

A personnel exec who used to work with Toub, 54, said: "If Dave Toub can't get a job in this league, then I give up. Talk to other coaches in the league. They know who is for real and who is horses**t or the flavor of the month. This guy can coach a football team. He'd be the first guy I'd talk to, and it isn't even really close."
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 1, 2017 at 6:30 PM ]
Dave Toub?

wtf are you serious

He's considered one of the top HC candidates available this year. The best coach available to be hired IMO.

You can look at him like he's just some special teams coach or you can look at him having an incredible record of success, being a tremendous leader, well-respected and a guy that everyone seems to love, whether they work with him, play for him or coach against him.

He's been working with Andy Reid for almost 20 years and has long drawn interest as a head coach but just like Bruce Arians, he's gotten passed over for largely trivial reasons. I think he could be a fantastic head coach once given the opportunity.

Pass lol
Pass lol

I'd take him in a heartbeat. He has the upside to be a great coach more than any of the other candidates I see. Its a largely mediocre group of coaches for the most part and I think that Toub will be a guy that the team that finally gives him the opportunity to be a head coach, just like with Arians, will be extremely happy with the results.
Share 49ersWebzone