There are 175 users in the forums

New Head Coach Search Commences! Rumors and all else goes here!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New Head Coach Search Commences! Rumors and all else goes here!

If we hire Cable I will officially get rid of my season tickets
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Offseason is starting out great! Denver and Jacksonville (due to the talented rosters) were considered the top 2 spots for coaches. To see 3 teams now hire 3 coaches I couldn't care less about is just phenomenal!

That leaves 3 vacancies open (Chargers will probably hire someone I don't care about) with 3 coaches I'd be happy with. We are all but guaranteed either McDaniels, Shannahan or McVay! feelings of 2011 are starting to come back as far excitement goes

temper yourself. In 2011, we had Willis, Bowman, J.Smith, Brooks (when he was good), Staley, Crabtree, Iupati, A.Davis (when he wanted to play). My point is that while we weren't a good team under Singletary, we did have a lot of talent, so a quick turnaround was possible.

We have... Buckner, Ward, Staley, T.Brown, maybe a health Bowman, Robinson, and lots of 'maybes'
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Lamontb ‏@ Lamontb
NYniner85 is an official insider #insideinfo

Don't be a dick just trying to throw out some info

I can't copy and paste who's tweeting from my phone.

s**t I don't even know how to post tweets that are readable
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Offseason is starting out great! Denver and Jacksonville (due to the talented rosters) were considered the top 2 spots for coaches. To see 3 teams now hire 3 coaches I couldn't care less about is just phenomenal!

That leaves 3 vacancies open (Chargers will probably hire someone I don't care about) with 3 coaches I'd be happy with. We are all but guaranteed either McDaniels, Shannahan or McVay! feelings of 2011 are starting to come back as far excitement goes

temper yourself. In 2011, we had Willis, Bowman, J.Smith, Brooks (when he was good), Staley, Crabtree, Iupati, A.Davis (when he wanted to play). My point is that while we weren't a good team under Singletary, we did have a lot of talent, so a quick turnaround was possible.

We have... Buckner, Ward, Staley, T.Brown, maybe a health Bowman, Robinson, and lots of 'maybes'

I'm not saying we'll have a Harbaugh-like turn around. But, at the time, we certainly didn't think of the players you mentioned as highly as we do now. So, who's to say this roster can't show great improvement with great coaching?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Not excited because of the roster (although $87 million and the #2 pick is phenomenal) but excited for the coach we are about to land. I'm not saying we will be in the playoffs next year, it's just I wanted Harbaugh back in 2011 and I want one of the 3 still available after 3 other organizations went in another direction this year. That's all. Didn't care for Chip and certainly didn't care for Tomsula these past two coaching searches.
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Jan 11, 2017 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
If we hire Tom Cable I will be so f**king pissed. Why are we even interviewing that clown? He sucked with the Raiders and sucks with the Seahawks.

I posted this before. Sounds like Parcells thing:

Cable is also Carroll's assistant head coach and go-to guy. Hall of Famers Bill Parcells and Ron Wolf, who was consulting for the Jets when they interviewed Cable two years ago, back him behind the scenes. As one NFL executive put it, Cable has a lot of people in his corner, making him the candidate some are surprised to hear the most about entering the upcoming coaching carousel — in part because of what everyone heard about Cable by the end in Oakland

So tired of Parcells name. Jed needs to find somebody else to talk to.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
If we hire Cable I will officially get rid of my season tickets

Don't worry. 100% no chance!!

He has tendencies of snapping (a loose canon), and has the balls to spit on Jed's face and pimp slap Paraag. They know it, too.They don't want that abuse. Those two couldn't handle that pig once he goes off

Cable would bite off their sausages at Glory Hole parties

Cable is also Carroll's assistant head coach and go-to guy. Hall of Famers Bill Parcells and Ron Wolf, who was consulting for the Jets when they interviewed Cable two years ago, back him behind the scenes. As one NFL executive put it, Cable has a lot of people in his corner, making him the candidate some are surprised to hear the most about entering the upcoming coaching carousel — in part because of what everyone heard about Cable by the end in Oakland

Really don't care who endorses Cable. Beating your wife and getting into fights with fellow coaches is not simply a matter to be overlooked. He was accused of violence by two ex-wives and a girlfriend. The only reported legal actions were both settled out of court. Breaking a fellow coaches jaw, although many of us have thought about doing this to a coworker, demonstrates a terribly bad self control. Why on earth would the niners saddle themselves with this after the public advocacy of "Winning with Class?"
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Lamontb ‏@ Lamontb

Lol it's just a joke don't take it personaly. It's pretty funny though.

I'm joking as well see my smiley face
Lamontb ‏@ Lamontb

s**t I don't even know how to post tweets that are readable

It's a work in progress lol

Originally posted by dtg_9er:

Really don't care who endorses Cable. Beating your wife and getting into fights with fellow coaches is not simply a matter to be overlooked. He was accused of violence by two ex-wives and a girlfriend. The only reported legal actions were both settled out of court. Breaking a fellow coaches jaw, although many of us have thought about doing this to a coworker, demonstrates a terribly bad self control. Why on earth would the niners saddle themselves with this after the public advocacy of "Winning with Class?"

I posted this pic in another thread and noted that with the 49ers history of keeping guys or acquiring guys after they get accused of DV (Miller, McDonald, Brooks) it would be a stupid move.
Workplace violence is sort of a big deal as well.
Class!
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
I posted this pic in another thread and noted that with the 49ers history of keeping guys or acquiring guys after they get accused of DV (Miller, McDonald, Brooks) it would be a stupid move.
Class!

Is this photoshopped?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Guys people can change I'm sure he'll be better his 2nd go around.
Originally posted by susweel:
Guys people can change I'm sure he'll be better his 2nd go around.

It actually feels like 2nd time coaches have more success than 1st time coaches, or at least it's kinda close. There are plenty of coaches out there that failed the 1st time, or even the 2nd time.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Class!

Is this photoshopped?

Nooooo! It's totally real, although I wouldn't doubt that's part of his coaching philosophy. Kidding aside there are 6 HC vacancies, three have essentially been filled with guys none of us wanted anyway. Jed can't possibly screw this up now, can he? Except he can because Jed York.
Share 49ersWebzone