LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

New GM Search, Rumors, and all other points of interest

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New GM Search, Rumors, and all other points of interest

It will be am interesting few weeks for sure. Can't wait for anext official list of candidates and concrete interviews. That being said, I highly doubt we have a shot at any top prospects. Things have been so chaotic the last few years with these dweebs running the show.
These guys throwing Steve Young around just have no clue. Lol.

HoF players trying to manage a team. Elway had experience and worked in a manager role for years before getting to where they are.

Mike Shanahan? If he comes with Kyle for free in a two for one deal, then thats fine. If not, then hell no.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Riddick seems fine with me, but what are some better options?

Chris Ballard-KC

George Paton-Minnesota

Brian Gutekunst-Green Bay

Will McClay-Cowboys

Terry McDonough-Cards
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Senzino:
Pioli is a proven drafter.

How is he proven? The only time he had actual personnel power he ended up taking Tyson Jackson with a Top 3 pick. Chiefs fans hated him more than 49ers fans hate Baalke.

He never had personnel power in New England. He doesnt have personnel power in Atlanta.

So where is this proof?

im not 100% sure but didnt he draft berry brandon flowers poe JH50 charles bowe

those are some solid players

Chris Ballard-KC

George Paton-Minnesota

Will McClay-Cowboys

Terry McDonough-Cards

God I thought that said Terry Donahue at first...
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by NCommand:
"Anybody is better than Baalke" ~ NT
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Ballard is my number one choice personally. Since this is the gm thread though, I wanna throw some other names out there for discussion. What are your thoughts about Brandon Beane Phoenix? Eventhough there is some belief out there that this may be another Decosta situation where he is being groomed as Gettleman's successor in Carolina.

Beane is one that is interesting, although it does appear as if he is being groomed as GM-in-waiting. Brian Gutekunst of the Packers, Kirchner of the Seahawks, and McDonough of the Cards are some interesting names too.

I really do think Ballard would be a fantastic choice. He got credit for being the driving force behind some outstanding draft picks.

I do hope that they bring in someone new, with fresh ideas, not a fan of failed retreads like Pioli or Polian.

Please God no. Especially to Pioli. He reminds me of Baalke with how he assembled some decent defensive pieces in Kansas City but failed to produce much on the offensive side of the ball. He inherited Jamal Charles and Dwayne Bowe (when he didn't suck), and he was a massive control freak as well.

Yeah Beane intrigues me. Without knowing his long term commitments to Carolina though, makes it tough to see him as a legit candidate for us. Duke Tobin would be an awesome candidate if he could be pryed away from Cincinnati. I don't see it happening though and if it did, it wouldn't be to come work for the Yorks. Great candidate though.

Back on Ballard though. I know you had posted some info on Dave Toub earlier. It's ironic because I was doing some research on him the other day and thought he'd make a great candidate. He's not a sexy pick but is well respected within league circles. Maybe Ballard and Toub could be a realistic option/duo for us, since they are familiar with each other.

I'm kind of intrigued by a potential Ballard/Toub combo.
u guys throwing around a bunch of big name guys...u know were about to get some no guy from like the buccs or something
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Chris Ballard-KC

George Paton-Minnesota

Will McClay-Cowboys

Terry McDonough-Cards

God I thought that said Terry Donahue at first...

Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
u guys throwing around a bunch of big name guys...u know were about to get some no guy from like the buccs or something

I'm not saying their roster is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but they do have some decent young pieces.
  • NM16
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JEXIT:
Can they model off what the san francisco giants are doing/have done? A good locker room... the most important thing. Attaining that starts with good management
Can they just model after a normal FO? Like at least do that
[ Edited by NM16 on Jan 1, 2017 at 5:31 PM ]

Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:

Don't think a big name is coming here unless he has no other options. Doesn't mean we can't find a talented lesser known guy. Just don't trust the Yorks finding the best guy.
for gm ballard has to be top choice

ever since they got dorsey the kc has been knocking the drafts out of the park
Originally posted by harryj:
im not 100% sure but didnt he draft berry brandon flowers poe JH50 charles bowe

those are some solid players

Most of the guys you listed were already there. If you look at his drafts, there's a ton of blown picks, he got basically next to no production from any pick from the 4th round on back. His main successes were Berry and Houston, he also used a Top 3 pick on Tyson Jackson and a 1st round pick on Jon Baldwin.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Very curious to learn the 6 candidates.

JLC said Riddick, Pioli, Paton
We can get Ballard and Riddick.
Share 49ersWebzone