LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

New GM Search, Rumors, and all other points of interest

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New GM Search, Rumors, and all other points of interest

Wow just wow!!! I'm speechless, what does John Lynch know about being a GM? And what makes him more qualified than Paton and McDonough? Wow.. that one time when you finally think that the team is going the right direction they turn left! WHAT TF!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:
Jed is gonna jed

+1
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Nick Wagoner ESPN Staff Writer
In a complete surprise, the San Francisco 49ers are hiring former NFL safety John Lynch as their new general manager, source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter. Lynch had not been publicly linked to the job at any point in the process nor had the team confirmed any interviews with him as they had other candidates.

NFL 2m
Originally posted by Aj_hwd954:
Wow I thought this was a joke. At least all the so-called 49ers fans that rather say I told you so than actually hope the team does well will be happy

He's unknown. Could be great or bad, just don't want in between. I like his knowledge so I'm excited to see what he does.
f**k it. Let's bring in Jeff Garcia as a QB coach. TO as the receiver coach. Brent Jones to coach the TEs. Newberry to coach the Oline. Stubblefield to coach the D line. Derek Smith to coach the Linebackers. And Eric Davis to coach the DBs. Let's go!
All I can say is WOW. You're hiring a guy with ZERO personnel evaluating experience and giving him a monster GM deal. As much as I liked John as a player, I don't understand this at all.

They better PRAY this turns out well, because right now this looks terrifying on paper. Lynch is a smart guy, will connect well with players, but what on earth did Lynch do to convince Jed he could handle every other part of the job? Please, I need to know.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Field Yates @FieldYates
No NFL GM job is easy. Taking over the San Francisco roster with zero prior front office experience is exceptionally tough. Tall task ahead.
  • Veteran
Did he play for Walsh in Stanford?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I thought it was a joke. I guess not anymore.
Matt Millen sequel

• Veteran
Originally posted by Wisconsininer:
Matt Millen sequel

Lmao
Share 49ersWebzone