There are 206 users in the forums

New GM Search, Rumors, and all other points of interest

Shop Find 49ers gear online

New GM Search, Rumors, and all other points of interest

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Heard these names get thrown around... a walrus (Holmgren), a rat (Shanny) and a gigantic owl (Wade Phillips)
Originally posted by LVJay:
Heard these names get thrown around... a walrus (Holmgren), a rat (Shanny) and a gigantic owl (Wade Phillips)

Nothing original there.....
Originally posted by 49erfaninPA:
Originally posted by NCommand:
What's the over/under on GM's using us as bait to drive up their own salary at their current jobs?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Being reported that the 49ers have lined up 6 candidates to interview for the GM position.

Six

Sounds spot on to me!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
IMO, whoever they hire as GM

the decision will be panned by the Zone

Not if they hire a legit respected candidate. If they hire a Chris Ballard or a George Paton, only people trolling will have reason to complain really.

I would love either of those guys. I would probably slightly favor Ballard. I really like what that regime has done in KC, and think it would be a solid hire.
Originally posted by LVJay:

Nothing original there.....

Wade would be a great DC for us
What's the over/under on GM's using us as bait to drive up their own salary at their current jobs?

Being reported that the 49ers have lined up 6 candidates to interview for the GM position.

Six

Sounds spot on to me!

lol
My vote goes for Young for GM. He might not have GM experience, but he has the vision and philosophy in how you stimulate and develop an organization. He just needs to start implementing his football worldview. He isn't a dumb dumb so he would be able to put many things into practice. I think Trump has proven you don't need experience to get the nod.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Louis Riddick please.

Oh God no please.

This is coming from a person who has watched him the past god knows how many years on NFL Insiders.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Louis Riddick please.

Oh God no please.

This is coming from a person who has watched him the past god knows how many years on NFL Insiders.

Riddick seems fine with me, but what are some better options?
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:
My vote goes for Young for GM. He might not have GM experience, but he has the vision and philosophy in how you stimulate and develop an organization. He just needs to start implementing his football worldview. He isn't a dumb dumb so he would be able to put many things into practice. I think Trump has proven you don't need experience to get the nod.

Probably not the example to bring up to make your point. Getting the nod doesn't make it the right choice.

I'd rather see Young be team president, with York stepping back further into the shadows. Let Young do the GM/coach interviews and be the face of the outfit.

Garcia for offensive assistant of some type, especially if Kap stays.
[ Edited by kelson49er on Jan 1, 2017 at 5:14 PM ]

Originally posted by kelson49er:
Originally posted by LionHeartofGold:

Probably not the example to bring up to make your point. Getting the nod doesn't make it the right choice.

I'd rather see Young be team president, with York stepping back further into the shadows. Let Young do the GM/coach interviews and be the face of the outfit.

Garcia for offensive assistant of some type, especially if Kap stays.

No please.
It would be storybook if York gets on the mic, balls and cries, then announces his new coach w/personnel power....Jim Harbaugh.

The story about the breakup and comeback become the most taked about story of 2017.

Now that would be some long shot crazy shiatsu
  • JEXIT
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kuya:
Can 49ers please model off what the Golden State Warriors are doing please!

Can they model off what the san francisco giants are doing/have done? A good locker room... the most important thing. Attaining that starts with good management
  • JEXIT
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mitpdub:
It would be storybook if York gets on the mic, balls and cries, then announces his new coach w/personnel power....Jim Harbaugh.

The story about the breakup and comeback become the most taked about story of 2017.

Now that would be some long shot crazy shiatsu

One can only wish upon the stars for that
We have to get this right. Jed better be thorough.
Share 49ersWebzone