LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

Anyone else see this coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't know what the future holds....but I think it's a damn shame when normal regular fans like us can see this stuff...but people who are paid a lot of money, don't...or care enough.

I might have believed too much in Baalke at the time. But he had a good thing going.

I made this thread back when Tomsula was first hired. Felt Trent should resign, if he was forced to hire Tomsula.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/181009-trent-baalke-should-resign/#reply

Trent Baalke should resign
Jan 14, 2015
if he had nothing to do with choosing Tomsula... I refuse to believe he is this dumb... he has always struck me as a great football mind.

He is sealing his fate and will be the scape goat when Jed realizes what a horrible mistake was made after one season.. and when people stop coming to the games.

Jed has/had? a fan base that paid lots of money through out the nation, when the 9ers went on the road... we have a new Stadium and we are hosting the SuperBowl next year.....everything was aligned for Jed to take full advantage of the situation and build the Empire even larger.

but nope...after a season or two...when we can't outcoach Pete, Fisher, Bruce...and others in the league...we'll make a change...by then we'll have probably lost players along the way.

Hate to be so negative...but who is to say, even if Tomsula is a yes man and we get some "good" coordinators... who is to say that these coordinators we be able to outcoach these other Head Coaches?

now, mabye not a great football mind anymore...maybe more so too arrogant thinking he can make injured players work.

then this post toward the end of Tomsula's season

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/159134-official-hate-trent-baalke-thread/page1170/
Dec 28, 2015
I know alot of people don't like Trent around here, so some might not like this post...but

After hear listening to KNBR (who is a 49er mouth piece imo) for a few weeks now..

my reading on everything, it looks like Jed is going to use Trent as a scapegoat as well.

a couple of things.

1 - Trent and Jim Harbaugh got along fine... till the very end... sure they butted heads on personnel, but from interviews before and after the firing... it gave the impression that Trent didn't want Harbaugh gone, or at least he didn't push for it.

2- Trent didn't want Tomsula as Head Coach... he tried everything to get Adam Gase as a HC and even talked Gase and Fangio to work with each other. Fangio being passed up for a young kid...and Gase not bringing in his own DC.

Jed wasn't having it, and he knew Gase wouldn't take the job if Tomsula was forced to be his DC....and worse case scenario if Gase was fine with that, Jed still having his informrat in the locker room.

Trent still having a job to do, and believing in the roster he built...stuck with it. No choice, unless he just resigned (which I called for him to do last year, if Jed did force the issue)....but that might have been bad for him in the league.

eitherway, it would be a damn shame if we are going to lose Trent Baalke....because Jed f**ked everything up. And will get desperate to save those seats being still sold, by going after a big name coach who will also have GM duties. I think that is the only way Jed lets Tomsula go.

for me, I like Trent...but if that is the only way to get Tomsula out of here....then I'll take that gamble on a HC/GM person. We just have to get the ball moving and get Tomsula out of here ASAP!

but yes, imo a damn shame that Trent will get picked up immediately by some other team....and should be successful.

Yeah I'm just saying from following this team...and reading between the lines.

It just seems like Jed went on a power trip and ignored Baalke's suggestions....even at the expense/chance of losing Baalke...with Trent leaving on his own or firing him if he needed to save face.

probably planned on having Paraag as GM anyway.

Jim Harbaugh stood up to Jed...or from Jed's perspective, didn't respect his owner.

I'm sure Jed has had yes men for most of his life. Paraag has been kissing his ass the moment he saw who might be the future boss of the team. Paraag was the closest to Jed for a while now.

I'm sure Tomusla did the samething. Instead of not kissing his ass like other coaches...Tomsula probebly blew Jed's head up...compliments and treating Jed like a man. Which Jed appreciated, and why he has always wanted Tomsula to stick on the coaching staffs.

With how talented everyone has told Jed the team is...he probebly thought that he could have Tomsula as HC + some new players and they would still be competitive.

But when everything went downhill, well we'll just have to see.

IMO..either Jed will be humble and listen to Trent regarding a head coach search. Or Jed will try to STILL save face and use Trent as a scapegoat.

I really believe that Tomsula will not be here next year. I know it's only been one year, but it has been THAT bad. And besides, it might be just one year for us, but Tomsula has been in Jed's ear for a while now, so it's not "just" one year for Jed.

again, I might have believed too much in Baalke...but I think even he got arragont as time went on. But in a controlled environment and a restart (Denver?) he might do well again, and learn from his mistakes.

s**t is nuts man.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 1, 2017 at 11:46 AM ]
This franchise is really a hot mess right now. Just toxic
Share 49ersWebzone