LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Who's a Part of The Rebuild & Who's Out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Nice idea. Impossible to read with all the dancing locks. Glad I don't have epileptic issues.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Now that the season is pretty much done, who do you think will stay and who do you think will be apart of the rebuild?

= Out
= 50/50
= Staying

Arik Armstead – I see a jump in production

Ray-Ray Armstrong – But will battle for playing time as I'm sure we'll be drafting ILB. Definitely we need to draft high at this position

Zane Beadles – Cannot see him gone with the versatility he's put on film. Likely will push Martin off the roster. (Kilgore could get pushed too.) But I still think Tiller is better. In any case he should be our top swing guy, the first one off the bench in case of injury.

Ronald Blair – Probably pushes TJE out

Navorro Bowman – His partner needs to be drafted. Either move back into the first or get one in the 2nd round

Trent Brown – Joe Staley's successor

DeForest Buckner – I'm predicting a pro bowl season in 2017. A cornerstone for this team

Quinton Dial – See his contract. Signed to 2020 with $5 mil in guarantees

DuJuan Harris – Leaning towards keeping.

Gerald Hodges – Don't know what the deal is between he and the coaching staff but he's put good play on film

Carlos Hyde –

Dontae Johnson – Bubble. I really like this guy. But Robinson is really gonna cause some roster problems for bubble guys. He has to show in camp if he's not cut outright, especially given his cap hit won't be large

Jeremy Kerley –

Daniel Kilgore –

Thad Lewis – Depends on Chip. If Chip is here Lewis stays as a fall back. Otherwise he out.

Aaron Lynch –

Vance McDonald – But I think that was a mistake to commit to him. This is fool-gold

Kyle Nelson –

Bradley Pinion – But look to upgrade.

Will Redmond – But barely.

Rashard Robinson – !! And will be a full time starter in 2017. Will be a core guy on the team

Eric Rogers – But leaning towards gone

Torrey Smith – But this position needs talent so look for us to upgrade in the draft or FA

Joe Staley –

Rod Streater – But leaning towards keeping to compete for a roster spot

Jaquiski Tartt – And should be a full time starter in 2017

Andrew Tiller – And really don't understand why he hasn't played more. The next coaching staff would be fools to let him walk

Jimmie Ward –
Trent Baalke - from being within 1000 miles of the team

Don't think anybody on the current PS will be returning. Maybe DiAndre Campbell.

I'm not gonna whine if we keep all of these dudes... after draft / FA, and after camp / preseason, keep the best ones on the roster.
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
There are a few I'd dissgree with Harold being the most obvious. Why is Lynch a lock. The guy got suspended and rather than come back in great shape and keen to make a statement he ballooned and has been a massive disappointment. I think we should keep but he is definitely not a lock.
Harold will stay because he is young and he was a high draft pick that is starting to produce just a little bit now. Also Rogers is Kelly's boy who he personally called right away to get over here so there is no way he's leaving.

BeSides that you are right on
Originally posted by Sourball:
Only ones I disagree with are :

JaCorey Shepherd- not spectacular but solid. This is a plus considering how shakey KO returns were for a couple of years

John Theus- kinda early to give up on him. Was a little antsy Sunday but played pretty well against a decent Ram D-line

Harold - No one is going to mistake him for Fred Dean or Charles Haley but he seems to have improved against the run. Could be a decent backup.

Maybe I'm grading against the curve which means these 3 are just better than some of the rest of this sucky team

Excellent points...missed John Theus.

Our sack leaders have 6 sacks and Harold has 3. He's much better against the run. He'd be a decent backup who still might have some upside.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Sourball:
Only ones I disagree with are :

JaCorey Shepherd- not spectacular but solid. This is a plus considering how shakey KO returns were for a couple of years

John Theus- kinda early to give up on him. Was a little antsy Sunday but played pretty well against a decent Ram D-line

Harold - No one is going to mistake him for Fred Dean or Charles Haley but he seems to have improved against the run. Could be a decent backup.

Maybe I'm grading against the curve which means these 3 are just better than some of the rest of this sucky team

Excellent points...missed John Theus.

Our sack leaders have 6 sacks and Harold has 3. He's much better against the run. He'd be a decent backup who still might have some upside.

FWIW Theus was horrible last week, and is only a former 5th rounder. If there is a somewhat dependable veteran swing tackle out there I could easily see him getting pushed off the roster.
Originally posted by McClusky:
FWIW Theus was horrible last week, and is only a former 5th rounder. If there is a somewhat dependable veteran swing tackle out there I could easily see him getting pushed off the roster.

Without a doubt, this spot needs to be upgraded tomorrow. A lot of these positions/players do!
like the idea of this thread

I think Eli is starting to come around (got a sack the past two games). Kap has got to go and most likely will.

The new GM has a TON of work to do
I would keep Harold over Brooks hands down.

A lot of these locks will need to be replaced, but we can't replace 30 players in one offseason.

Brooks is declining at 32 with a big cap hit that we can save to use on someone else down the road once we're competitive. I also don't think he's a team leader and has shown attitude issues in the past. Would much rather see his spot go to Harold or a rookie pass rusher.
Harold and Theus should stay till TC at the very least, Tank as well IMO for pass rush rotation.

Originally posted by Kelv:
There are a few I'd dissgree with Harold being the most obvious. Why is Lynch a lock. The guy got suspended and rather than come back in great shape and keen to make a statement he ballooned and has been a massive disappointment. I think we should keep but he is definitely not a lock.
Ummmmmmm, because he's our best pass rusher. And Harold simply hasn't produced, period.

Originally posted by elguapo:
Harold will stay because he is young and he was a high draft pick that is starting to produce just a little bit now. Also Rogers is Kelly's boy who he personally called right away to get over here so there is no way he's leaving.

BeSides that you are right on
Keeping Harold because "he is young and he was a high draft pick" is simply not a logical reason to keep a guy in the face of productivity. IMHO. You got a point about Rogers, and its a point I thought about. But if we draft at his position between the 1st and the 3rd, like I think we will, I cannot see him staying.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
like the idea of this thread

I think Eli is starting to come around (got a sack the past two games). Kap has got to go and most likely will.

The new GM has a TON of work to do
I don't necessarily disagree about Kaep, but I do think we should bring him back, to be the bridge for the next QB. Just my opinion. As for Eli I don't like his production vis-a-vis his draft status. Now you guys may be right about him, but I'd cut bait with him rather than spend any more time trying to develop him, now going into year. Personally, I didn't like this pick in the first place. Much of what I figured his short-comings would be are glaringly expressing itself. He was nowhere near the prototypical 3-4 OLB, and much too much effort would have to be spent (as there has) in getting this kids up and then fixing his techniques. And after investing a 3 pick and two seasons of development all we're getting is marginally improved run support? I'm sorry, but if we draft an OLB in the same round we drafted him, or sooner, I cannot see how he'll staying. Plus, his cap hit would be only $697,373. So, with a rookie, probably a FA addition, along with Brooks (our most consistent) and Lynch (our current best pass rusher) already on the roster I just don't see Eli fitting on the future roster. IMHO

But you are totally correct, the new GM is gonna have a ton of work to do to fix this mess. Hopefully he will totally clean house with Chip as well.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Harold and Theus should stay till TC at the very least, Tank as well IMO for pass rush rotation.
Ummmmmm, that experiment has been proven a utter failure.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Dec 29, 2016 at 12:05 PM ]
First year as an OLB, atleast have as a TC body that competes... no point of cutting when we gave him some partial guaranteed cash.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
expansion team 2002 houston texans had a better season than us

cut every single player and start over

I wouldn't even care. There are like 2 guys on this entire roster I enjoy watching play football. Nuclear offseason would be a-ok in my book.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
expansion team 2002 houston texans had a better season than us

cut every single player and start over

I wouldn't even care. There are like 2 guys on this entire roster I enjoy watching play football. Nuclear offseason would be a-ok in my book.

This is what I think about y'all statement.
Share 49ersWebzone