LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

What I Want as a Fan

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Heroism:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Yorks dont give a s**t what you or I want as fans. As long as those PSL payments keep clearing every month, they won't be giving a s**t anytime soon either.

This whole "Yorks don't care about fans,because Levi's is printing them money" has become cliché. I can't stand the spineless York family anymore than any other Niners fans, but I have a hard time believing that they don't give a damn about burning millions of dollars away to Tomsula,Baalke soon, & possibly Chip Kelly(who's a top 10 highest paid coach), especially knowing the Yorks cheap reputation. Regardless how they feel about the fans or football product, they have to realize losing this much money is bad for any side of the business
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I think he's referring to the fact that we've only been bad for a couple of years thus far.
i see us getting it back together next year
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
I think he's referring to the fact that we've only been bad for a couple of years thus far.

With what? And how do you define "getting it back together"?

May be it makes more sense to have another look ONLY if both Baalke and Kelly and fired. Still, you will have to look at who are the replacements as well as what we do in the draft and free agency.

A winning team in '17?
That would be awesome but I am not sure how they can get there.
A coach that will bring west coast offense back, a young and hungry QB that's eager to prove himself. Some respectable WRs, another RB to back up Hyde, and an entirely new defense. Buckner, Robinson, and Bowman are the only ones who can stay
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
What makes you think they will only be bad for a "couple of years"?
Because we are not in any way handcuffed from acquiring FAs, Picking Draft picks is a different story

We weren't last year either and the team got worse.
Originally posted by Rascal:

May be it makes more sense to have another look ONLY if both Baalke and Kelly and fired. Still, you will have to look at who are the replacements as well as what we do in the draft and free agency.
First off we get all our injured players back hopefully healthy

Signs some key FAs

Draft BPA
  • Rascal
  • Veteran

Signs some key FAs

Draft BPA

Not enough.

If Kelly is still the HC, mark my word, even after you have signed some key FAs and draft BPA or whatever, we will still stink up the joint. Unless you meant 3-13 is already "getting it back together".
A winning team in '17?
That would be awesome but I am not sure how they can get there.
a Winning team would need a lot of lucky bounces

but lets not start getting crazy and extreme

What makes you think they will only be bad for a "couple of years"?
Because we are not in any way handcuffed from acquiring FAs, Picking Draft picks is a different story

We weren't last year either and the team got worse.
Majority of the top FAs last year did not make the pro bowl. going all out last year would have made us suffer with a losing season still and then give us less cap space to spend on better players this year and next

Signs some key FAs

Draft BPA

Not enough.

If Kelly is still the HC, mark my word, even after you have signed some key FAs and draft BPA or whatever, we will still stink up the joint. Unless you meant 3-13 is already "getting it back together".
Defense was our weakest point. Kelly has shown what he can do with above average skill players on offense
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 27, 2016 at 12:32 PM ]

Originally posted by Ninersrisin:
I read week after week as we as fans question each others motives for wanting a new GM, or the owner to move on or a different QB or the QB we have to succeed or fail for whatever reason. Like we as Niner fans have all of these hidden agendas. For me its really simple so I thought I would share what I want from this team,

I want a GM that is awesome and is the envy of the league, that hits more than he misses and that has he respect of the players and can find the right coaching staff. Who can put together talent year after year. I want a coaching staff that dominates other coaches, that every other team is trying to figure out how to emulate. Who can take the players he is given and put them in a position to succeed no matter the opponent. I want a Coach that gives Seattle and Arizona coaches fits and inferiority complexes and keeps them up nights. I want a QB that is among the best at his position and always puts us in a position to succeed. I want to have the confidence that as long as that guy is on our team we are never out of the fight. I want to be in playoff consideration for the next ten years and win at least a few more Super Bowls.

Patriots have have had this. Seattle has had this. Several other teams have nearly had this. I really don't want to hate any player or coach or exec for the 49ers. I want them all to be the best in the league. They were when I was growing up. These owners should not stop trying until they are again.
//

YES!!!!
Originally posted by Lifer:
I agree with the original poster. What I want is a great organization that's always in the mix, making smart moves, and trying to get to the top. I look around the league and the organizations I respect are Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Baltimore, New England and, yes, Seattle. These guys show how a franchise should be run and, while they have their ups and downs, they're always in the mix and they always give the fans something to hope for because the guys running the show are competent professionals in a functional structure.

This is what we had when Eddie DeBartolo owned the team and it's exactly what we lost when the Yorks took over. Success and failure, in any business, start at the top and the Yorks are football failures. It's been 16 years now and the pattern is pretty clear. New players, new coaches, even new GM's can't cure the cancer that grows in the owner's suite.

I keep hoping that some how, some way, someday the Yorks will learn from their mistakes, hire the right people, and get out of the way. Look at what happened in Arizona when Bill Bidwell stepped aside. Look at what happened in Oakland when Mark took over. Change at the top makes all the difference, and change can happen.

For the last three years, my favorite part of the season is black Monday. Not because I want to see people get fired, but because I want to see some sign from ownership that they finally get it. I'm still waiting...

This should definitely be the single focus of the fan base's pressure on the Yorks. No more bandaids. Hiring another mediocre GM won't cut it. They need to go outside the organization and first get some help from consulting firms, other owners to put together a team to hire the new head of football operations. I wish they would have started this about a month ago when it was apparent the season was lost and a total restructure of the organization was necessary. We're going to know in a week. If I would have to guess, I would say they don't get it and will do something far short of this. God, I hope I am surprised by them and they finally wake up and get out of the way...
Originally posted by fly15:
I want myles garrett

You and me both brother.
We should bring back tomsula as dline coach. He did a pretty good job at that at least and we have a lot of young talent invested in that position and we need it to pan out and we are paying him anyway. Might as well get something for that money
Share 49ersWebzone