LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

How many 49er fans hearts love the win? while their head is saying we lost!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many 49er fans hearts love the win? while their head is saying we lost!

The only game kapercreep wins costs us. Great, just great!
Where 2-13 and our front office is a mess and the future looks dark does that answer the question?
Originally posted by Goatie:
I am happy to win and end the longest losing streak ever

It's already the longest streak ever. What's another loss? Just means to break that record, the team would have to be worse than this one. This draft is the most important draft we've had in a long time, because it's likely there is a new regime, and it would be nice to give them the best possible chance of succeeding. Myles Garrett would be a great start.
Definitely love the win. I don't care if we screw up our draft position.

Just because we have the #1 pick doesn't mean we're getting a franchise player. He's just gonna be that much more likely to be a huge bust.

The different between the #1 pick and the #2 pick isn't anything.

LOVE THE WIN!
Originally posted by PowderdToastMn:
Originally posted by Goatie:
I am happy to win and end the longest losing streak ever

It's already the longest streak ever. What's another loss? Just means to break that record, the team would have to be worse than this one. [b]This draft is the most important draft[/b] we've had in a long time, because it's likely there is a new regime, and it would be nice to give them the best possible chance of succeeding. Myles Garrett would be a great start.

Every year's draft is the most important draft.
Winning at this point is absurd after this season. But I guess #2 pick will be OK.
Just watched the replay, it's Christmas Day here it's and I got a great gift. 49ers WIN!!!

GO NINERS!!!

Originally posted by ElDannMann:
Definitely love the win. I don't care if we screw up our draft position.

Just because we have the #1 pick doesn't mean we're getting a franchise player. He's just gonna be that much more likely to be a huge bust.

The different between the #1 pick and the #2 pick isn't anything.

LOVE THE WIN!

f**k YES!!!
Most meaningless win ever
NICE WIN EVERYONE!, NICE WIN!
but remember guys we still worse then when Tomsula was coach lol
I mean its been a pretty embarrassing season, but we ending it without a 15 losing streak so there yo positive!

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Even if we win, aren't we assured the #2 given SOS and Jacksonville winning.

Yes, you are correct, sir. We are at least assured the #2 pick.
Meant to happen for a reason... Browns are cursed, gonna have a pressure to take a young QB or trade down. We'll still get Myles and now won't have the pressure ourselves to take a QB.
Just remember sometimes choosing between #1 or #2 can build or destroy your franchise.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Dec 25, 2016 at 1:11 AM ]
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Just remember sometimes choosing between #1 or #2 can build or destroy your franchise.

And in 2007, the Raiders got JaMarcus Russell at #1 while the Lions got Calvin Johnson at #2.

Not saying that we'll strike gold or anything, but the draft is ultimately a crap shoot and based primarily on your FO's drafting skills. There are plenty of #2 picks who have contributed more than the #1 pick in the same respective drafts, and vice versa. Yours is just one example of the latter. Perhaps the most prominent.

Again, I'm not saying "oh my goodness we'll get the best playerz ever at #2 omggggggg!!!" I'm just saying to call this win over the Rams a game that will destroy this franchise forever when we haven't even finished the season, nor learned the FO changes/FA decisions over the next couple months, nor watched the results of the NFL draft itself and the analyzed players showing their respective impacts the following season (not to mention even then, it will just be one season out of many), is a bit overkill and overdramatic, no?

I'm still sitting here waiting for Baalke to get fired first. If he's still here come Black Monday than this NFL Draft business is basically moot.
IMHO:
I love the win for our players as they continue to pull and work together regardless what the team's record indicates. While the roster continues to lose players thru injuries, the ones that are left could have easily mailed it in, but instead continue to march on. So after a long and painful losing streak, what can I say, they have a lot of pride and want it more. Why wouldn't they, they are fighting for their livelyhoods. Adversities can make or break you in life. Im assuming it's kinda the same in a team sport. They have the resolve to do something about it and they did.kudos to our players.
BUT:
I also hate the win, not for our players and fans, but for York and the front office. I think having the number 1 pick (other than getting Garrett,or whoever is the no.1 player by draft time) coincide with being the worst franchise in the league. Do I want them to be the worse? Yes and No.. No, because this is our beloved franchise and as Herm Edwards says "We play (or watch) to win the game". It's all about winning. Nothing else. But these last couple years has been really really tough and I blamed this on York and Baalke. If we have lost today and most likely next week that would have been a major gut punch to York making this franchise the laughing stock of the league. My friend who worked security and a SJPD always heard York next door with his kid like tantrums, braking stuff and yelling profanities when the team loses. These loses are eating him inside. Having a losing streak to end the season would really accelerate the front office gut job right away. Heads will be rolling, including Baalke. It will still happen, but winning today may delay the inevitable. What if we beat Seattle? Will it give York false hope and save Baalke and company? Probably not. But even that becomes murkier if we win out to close the season. The losing of the last couple of years,the front office leaks and dramas along with Baalkes drafting players history, I'm just ready for a new regime to lead this once storied franchise.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Dec 25, 2016 at 2:10 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone