LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

How many 49er fans hearts love the win? while their head is saying we lost!

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many 49er fans hearts love the win? while their head is saying we lost!

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Browns will take Garrett #1. Take a QB with #10 (Eagles) and/or trade for Jimmy Garoppolo.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Browns will take Garrett #1. Take a QB with #10 (Eagles) and/or trade for Jimmy Garoppolo.

Sounds about right.

Unless the Browns beat the Steelers back ups and we end up with the #1 pick
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Sounds about right.

Unless the Browns beat the Steelers back ups and we end up with the #1 pick

Not even the Browns are that dumb. That's a 49-thing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Allen is up there with Garrett and wouldn't surprise me if Allen was also considered for the #1 overall pick. But with that said I'd still draft Trubisky over Allen.

Kolohe, I am in the minority here, but really playing devil's advocate , as I know just how badly we need that FR QB. I don't want to miss out on that impact player we just have to have. But with a real live impact player with Garrett/Allen, that is what makes it hard. If I knew we would have a terrific QB coach, OC, for him, then I might feel different. But I don't see that yet.

It doesn't matter if the 49ers take Trubisky anyway, there's a good chance he sits and then there's a good chance he starts and struggles. Either way, I don't think Kelly will be around long enough to see Trubisky or any other QB drafted mature as a starter. I also think Trubisky can play in any offense, which is why I'm not worried if he's draft and Kelly is fired down the road.
IMHO no real Niner fan should be disappointed we beat the Rams...the team really needed a win and they went out and got one. If our new GM has the opportunity he should trade down whether we're picking first or second. No single player will make that much difference...but 3-4 will.
I didn't know how to feel until Robinson went down near the niner sideline, an instant later I loved the win.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I wanted them to lose because it meant the #1 pick, but I'm fine with the win and the #2 pick.
After the win I wasn't really sure if I am happy or not. I totally get all the people that are passed of by this win but in my opinion (after a few days) this win might benefit us. Sure it might screw up us getting Garrett, but just for the mindset of our players it is valuable. We'll play the rams twice every season and now everybody on our roster knows, it doesn't matter how s**tty we are, we OWN the rams. This confidence of our players going into Rams games might be even more valuable than the difference between a #1 and #2 pick in the upcoming draft.
Share 49ersWebzone