LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

At this current moment, do you believe Chip Kelly and Baalke will still be here next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

At this current moment, do you believe Chip Kelly and Baalke will still be here next year?

To me Chip has done a decent job with the crap that he has on offense. I would be much more upset if Baalke is still here in January.

My cuts right now would be O'Neil and Baalke.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
It'll be another year a waste if we keep Kelly while the new GM wont back him up 100%..

so for me, it's either SWEEP CLEANING or give more power to Kelly if he's to be kept.
It irritates me that Baalke and Paraag are still signing players, which leads me to believe that Baalke will be back. If that happens, I'm gonna sell my sbl season tix and divorce myself from the 49ers. The Yorks have been very consistent with ruining our team.
Kelly should have another shot, except that we have seen his playcalling and game planning requires at least another entire defense, plus the one we have after fixing the holes at NT, 4 LBs, probably another 3 starting DBs....and then add to that another entire D....which is obviously not doable. Hence, i don't think he should stay, because his method of football just won't work...not just here, but really anywhere in the NFL. He is just not the coach and game plan needed for the NFL. Let him go now, and he will draw a fine income, but just not for working here.. Baalke /Paraag have dug the holes for themselves , and they have to go . So chip, paraag and Trent all go.

I'm probably wrong, but it is what SHOULD be done.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
The proper time to get rid of Baalke was whwn Harbaugh left or at least he should have been let go wirh Tomsula. Getting rid of him now means Chip has to go to so that thenteamncan hey a fresh start with a new GM hiring his own people.

This is my opinion do bear with me because who knows what the mercurial Yorks are thinking:

Firing Trent Baalke is a direct admission that the 49ers can no longer shield themselves from the reality that this roster is simply not good enough. That's on Trent. It is also an admission that the FO structure that has been in place since 2005 that you so eloquently point out is unsustainable. What sense does it make to tear everything down just to circle back to his right hand man, Tom Gamble, or Paraag for that matter?

The fact they are considering this shows that maybe they do care a little.......

They love Baalke, they are loyal to a fault. This might be a tough call for them or they are at least giving him the dignity of finishing the season without leaking stuff or letting him twist in the wind. Then again a 1-15 season probably forced their hand.

Idle thoughts.

Originally posted by FL9er:
5 coaches in 11 years with virtually the same front office.

Yes and yes.
The 49ers have been criticized for overvaluing their roster and they seem to think they have the right formula for the FO, it is hubris.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Best scenario would be to acquire a seasoned GM that knows how to build a team. This means he will acquire talent while also giving Chip 2 years to make us a playoff team. If he can do that, then we are good to go. If he can't, then he received a fair amount of time to evaluate what he can do with the team.

While this is all happening, the GM is putting together a solid plan for replacement coaches, longterm system, and team philosophy.

These are the reasons why you don't promote a scout to be GM. Honestly, it should be this process for a scout. Scout>position coach>assistant coach>coordinator>HC>GM.

The best leaders are those who have experience at every level.

What seasoned GM is going to take a job with a terrible team where he will not be allowed to choose and hire head coaches? Maybe guys who were fired and have no other GM opportunities, that is how we ended up with Chip.
Baalke has to go. Chip going would be a positive. (Because I don't want to see any more College level offense Greg Roman era/Kelly.) Bring back the WCO!!!
I not only think that both should be canned, but both should also be banned from the Webzone!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
To me Chip has done a decent job with the crap that he has on offense. I would be much more upset if Baalke is still here in January.

Total offense ranked 29th in the league. Points per game ranked 26th in the league. Passing yards per game ranked 32nd in the league. What does all of this mean?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Chip stays and baalke gets extension , paraage named team president.

Originally posted by susweel:

Winning!!!

Kap and Gabbert will also come back to compete for the starting QB position and we draft one QB in the seventh round.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by susweel:

Winning!!!

Kap and Gabbert will also come back to compete for the starting QB position and we draft one QB in the seventh round.

Yes and completely ignore needs in the draft and skip free agency.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Baalke definitely gone. Somebody has to pay for 1-15, he's next on the chopping block.

Kelly's status is up in the air. Depends entirely if we stay in house for the next GM. If its Gamble, Kelly gets one more season to save his job. If we go outside the organization, Kelly should be gone.

Totally agree.

If we go outside the organization I don't think Jed would insist on keeping Chip w/the new GM.

It has been said, he tried that w/Gase - insisting Gase keep JT as his DC.

In my heart, I hope this is the case.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
Kelly should have another shot, except that we have seen his playcalling and game planning requires at least another entire defense, plus the one we have after fixing the holes at NT, 4 LBs, probably another 3 starting DBs....and then add to that another entire D....which is obviously not doable. Hence, i don't think he should stay, because his method of football just won't work...not just here, but really anywhere in the NFL. He is just not the coach and game plan needed for the NFL. Let him go now, and he will draw a fine income, but just not for working here.. Baalke /Paraag have dug the holes for themselves , and they have to go . So chip, paraag and Trent all go.

I'm probably wrong, but it is what SHOULD be done.

Agree, his 3-4 quarter collapses are proof of that.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

Total offense ranked 29th in the league. Points per game ranked 26th in the league. Passing yards per game ranked 32nd in the league. What does all of this mean?

It means a clean sweep - If I were in charge.
Share 49ersWebzone