There are 236 users in the forums

At this current moment, do you believe Chip Kelly and Baalke will still be here next year?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

At this current moment, do you believe Chip Kelly and Baalke will still be here next year?

A few weeks ago, ~94% of fans wanted Baalke gone, and only ~30-40% wanted Kelly gone.

Now I feel that the jury is out on Kelly, too.

What do you think? Personally, I think there's a 95% chance Baalke is out the door, but Chip Kelly seems like a coin flip to me.
I think the only way Kelly stays is if Paarag or Gamble are promoted to GM.
Baalke definitely gone. Somebody has to pay for 1-15, he's next on the chopping block.

Kelly's status is up in the air. Depends entirely if we stay in house for the next GM. If its Gamble, Kelly gets one more season to save his job. If we go outside the organization, Kelly should be gone.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Baalke definitely gone. Somebody has to pay for 1-15, he's next on the chopping block.

Kelly's status is up in the air. Depends entirely if we stay in house for the next GM. If its Gamble, Kelly gets one more season to save his job. If we go outside the organization, Kelly should be gone.

I agree.

The reports of Baalke to Denver indicate his departure's expected.
I agree that a new exec could/should clean house, but I could see Gamble sticking around with an outside hire. I think reports have said that Gamble prefers working in the background and is a guy who plays all sides. If so, him remaining in the building might offer the Yorks some peace of mind that an outside hire isn't a total leap of faith. Not to say this should happen, but (right or wrong) I'm sure internal politicking will play a role in their decision making.
To be honest I want Kelly gone. Yes I know about the new head coach every year thing, but I can't say I have seen anything to convince me he is an NFL HC.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Well, you have 2 different questions here, 1) what do I want happen? and 2) what do I think will happen?

1) For me, both of them will have to go, there is no excuse for Kelly to lose 13 straight or potentially 15 straight. Got to go, we have to clean house and start from a clean slate.

2) Baalke gone 99%. Chip Kelly may stay if Jed York makes it as a GM hiring condition or if the new GM willingly wants to keep Kelly. Or Jed gets creative and promotes Tom Gamble then Kelly stays unfortunately.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think they're both gone.
Originally posted by English:
To be honest I want Kelly gone. Yes I know about the new head coach every year thing, but I can't say I have seen anything to convince me he is an NFL HC.

This. Plus to me, Kelly was the best chance to fix and save Kaep. Now that none of us can stand him there's no point for Kelly. If we're starting over at QB I want an accurate pocket QB not a RB that can throw. WEST COAST OFFENSE NEEDS TO COME BACK
Baalke I think is definitely gone, 50/50 on Chip depending on who the new GM is.

If it were me, everyone would be out and we'd start from scratch.
Originally posted by English:

Not surprised even a little bit by your Kelly take, but what about Baalke?

My gut tells me that Kelly stays and they give the post to Gamble. But we all know fi they do this, it is just pushing back any progress for at least another year. I agree with the previous poster....to hell with the new coach every year thing. The coach is the same as a player, no results, your gone. In my business if I am not proving results, they don't give me another year, I am gone.

They need to hire Mike Shanahan (who wants to be here) as GM. If Denise does that, they can kept Jed where he is at, knowing that Mike has the authority. This way the public doesn't need to know.

Mike then hires Kyle. He will do everything in his power to make sure his son is successful. No more drafting ACL guys and tweeners. He will make Kyle successful, who in turn will turn around the franchise.

This is the right move....just praying Denise makes the right move.
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Both have to go....tear it down and rebuild this mess
Here's my problem with Kelly. While I don't think he's had a fair shake with this roster he's got problems that I don't see changing. Number 1 is he can't get a quality coaching staff, 2 his own teams defense stays on the field the entire game and that isn't changing with the roster, and 3 because of #2 no defensive free agents will want to play for the 49ers unless they significantly over pay on contracts. While I think Baalke will definitely be gone and they will bring someone in to run the front office they won't fire Chip Kelly because the York's are too cheap to pay Tomsula,Kelly and a new coach all at the same time.
[ Edited by SanFranFanfrmVa on Dec 22, 2016 at 7:38 AM ]
Both need to be go.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
So many conflicting reports. On one hand you have NFL insider Jason Cole (who sounds like a meathead dips**t after finally hearing his voice on the radio) saying he gets the impression that nothing will happen/he doesn't know based on his 49er contacts, then you have a direct employee of the 49ers basically saying in a roundabout way that there WILL be SIGNIFICANT changes to come after the season on a radio spot last week (Sirius NFL radio).

Share 49ersWebzone