There are 292 users in the forums

According to former NFL agent Joel Corry, the 49ers are projected to have up to

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Whether the money is in Jed's personal account or the niners is irrelevant.

It is one in the same. I have my own LLC and most of my money in the LLC account to protect my self in case someone tries to take me to court. I can pay myself as sum x per month from the LLC which is sum Y. I'm still worth x+ y

The niners have investments just like all the other teams in the NFL. Rich people don't let money sit around not making money.

And rich people also don't act like $3 million is nothing like you say.

I understand they don't let it sit around...I just don't think he has $100 million cash sitting in a savings account collecting interest either. I think a lot of his money is flowing in and out of that door, yes some of that is his and (will be put away) and their will be profit end of the yr. I think dealing with the cap is different then how other business deal with expenses...the fact that they met their 89% rule shows he's spent money.

I know rich people don't act like $3 million is nothing but rich people aren't stupid either...investing that money in talent can help the team win which creates more money...more than $3 million. Rich people don't like be failures and laughing stocks either.

And like I said Jed isn't controlling the 53 man roster baalke and Paraag are so be pissed at them for not "spending money".
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I understand they don't let it sit around...I just don't think he has $100 million cash sitting in a savings account collecting interest either. I think a lot of his money is flowing in and out of that door, yes some of that is his and (will be put away) and their will be profit end of the yr. I think dealing with the cap is different then how other business deal with expenses...the fact that they met their 89% rule shows he's spent money.

I know rich people don't act like $3 million is nothing but rich people aren't stupid either...investing that money in talent can help the team win which creates more money...more than $3 million. Rich people don't like be failures and laughing stocks either.

And like I said Jed isn't controlling the 53 man roster baalke and Paraag are so be pissed at them for not "spending money".

I think there is direct and indirect control with regards to the 53 man roster. This is an assumption but based on results how do we know Jed didn't march down to their offices and dictated to Baalke and Maraag how his money was going to be spent? We are clearly playing Moneyball with our F/A's and draft picks and that in way has to be part of the gameplan Jed has decided to direct this franchise.
Originally posted by jcs:
I think there is direct and indirect control with regards to the 53 man roster. This is an assumption but based on results how do we know Jed didn't march down to their offices and dictated to Baalke and Maraag how his money was going to be spent? We are clearly playing Moneyball with our F/A's and draft picks and that in way has to be part of the gameplan Jed has decided to direct this franchise.

There's only one way to find out and that's to move on from baalke...he's stated that Jed gives him all the resources to do whatever and baalke has said he's a stickler when it comes to spending money on FAs.

I'm not trying to defend that puffy faced weasel lol, just trying to be realistic.
Originally posted by McClusky:
It really doesn't matter if we bust a nut in the offseason because of the sheer volume of cap space and lack of talent we have coming up through the pipeline.

For instance let's imagine we busted a nut last year like the Giants did and signed Jenkins, Vernon, and Harrison to the exact same contracts the Giants did.

Do you know how much cap space the 49ers would enter 2017 with after they cut Kaepernick, Brooks, and Bethea? $49 million. Come 2018 only 26℅ of the original guaranteed money is scheduled to be left on those contracts, and all can be cut for fairly substantial cap savings.

There is literally no competitive incentive for the 49ers not to bust a nut in CA assuming they have the opportunity to do so. The accounting situation looks even more favorable this year than last too. Any notion that busting a nut is going to hinder the team in any way is a false flag. The numbers just dont support that story.

I agree, we have to spend in free agency whether it works out great or not at least there will be improvements on that position. We are not cab strap so it really does not make a difference if they are above average or good either way they make improvements to our defense and our team overall. That's the goal right?
I was reading up on this more and discovered that in a convoluted way too typical of NFL management, although the four year cycle is said to span from 2013 to 2016, in reality they decided to make this 2013 to 2016 cycle not end until March of 2017. I suspect they did that so that the teams would have until the end of the FA period on March 9 of 2017 to spend on FA and have it count in the supposedly 2013 to 2016 cycle rather than the supposedly 2017 to 2020 cycle (which will actually end in March of 2021).

If I have that right, it means that the team actually has until March to spend up to the whole 100% of the total max ceiling in what they call the 2013 to 2016 cap cycle. Depending on what source you want to believe about how far below the cap ceiling the 9ers are in this cycle, that means they could spend the $10 million to $40 million that has rolled over from the previous years of this four year cycle. That alone should yield at least one more high quality FA (although probably not a skilled position elite player) if the Yorks are willing to spend the rollover money they are allowed to spend; that is, if they go for spending close to the max ceiling of this four year cycle.

Whether the money is in Jed's personal account or the niners is irrelevant.

It is one in the same. I have my own LLC and most of my money in the LLC account to protect my self in case someone tries to take me to court. I can pay myself as sum x per month from the LLC which is sum Y. I'm still worth x+ y

The niners have investments just like all the other teams in the NFL. Rich people don't let money sit around not making money.

And rich people also don't act like $3 million is nothing like you say.

How much Jed is involved with the 53 man roster doesn't change what the results are on the field under his watch. he is the leader and in charge.

I'm also pretty sure winning creates more money than interest on salary cap money.

But I don't know bc according to the internet the attendance to games is still over 95%.
How much Jed is involved with the 53 man roster doesn't change what the results are on the field under his watch. he is the leader and in charge.

I'm also pretty sure winning creates more money than interest on salary cap money.

But I don't know bc according to the internet the attendance to games is still over 95%.

Actually it is important to say how involved he is with the 53 man roster regarding how much is spent in cap space(he's not Jerry Jones)...baalke and Paraag are the tight wads and it's well know.

IMO Blame him for keeping baalke and Co in power to not make moves.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erphan:
I was reading up on this more and discovered that in a convoluted way too typical of NFL management, although the four year cycle is said to span from 2013 to 2016, in reality they decided to make this 2013 to 2016 cycle not end until March of 2017. I suspect they did that so that the teams would have until the end of the FA period on March 9 of 2017 to spend on FA and have it count in the supposedly 2013 to 2016 cycle rather than the supposedly 2017 to 2020 cycle (which will actually end in March of 2021).

If I have that right, it means that the team actually has until March to spend up to the whole 100% of the total max ceiling in what they call the 2013 to 2016 cap cycle. Depending on what source you want to believe about how far below the cap ceiling the 9ers are in this cycle, that means they could spend the $10 million to $40 million that has rolled over from the previous years of this four year cycle. That alone should yield at least one more high quality FA (although probably not a skilled position elite player) if the Yorks are willing to spend the rollover money they are allowed to spend; that is, if they go for spending close to the max ceiling of this four year cycle.
I think also I read during that cycle you have to spend a minimum of 89% of the cap, since the Yorks have been so far under for 2016, they should be forced to spend a lot in 2017, or pay the money to the NFLPA. I thought minimum was lower than that, maybe it got raised?

Actually it is important to say how involved he is with the 53 man roster regarding how much is spent in cap space(he's not Jerry Jones)...baalke and Paraag are the tight wads and it's well know.

IMO Blame him for keeping baalke and Co in power to not make moves.

I agree, but Jed York in the mix is the perfect storm for cheapness IMO
Share 49ersWebzone