There are 148 users in the forums

According to former NFL agent Joel Corry, the 49ers are projected to have up to

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
$87 Million in cap space (this is w/o Kap's cap figure whether he voids or is released, otherwise it reduces to approx. $72M).

First of all, LMFAO.

Secondly, is that a record in the salary cap era?

This was during an interview on KNBR the other day.
well if Jed is REALLY worried about all those empty seats... he should be able to create a Pro Bowl team by the start of next season... getting the best player available at every position...

sure we'd be f**ked in a few years...but man those empty seats...lol.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 21, 2016 at 7:27 PM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
well if Jed is REALLY worried about all those empty seats... he should be able to create a Pro Bowl team by the start of next season... getting the best player available at every position...

sure we'd be f**ked in a few years...but man those empty seats..
.lol.

Lol
no, that's hardly a record. teams like the jaguars and raiders have had similar numbers in the recent years.

he also said the 49ers are already above the salary cap floor, so the Yorks technically don't have to spend a penny.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 21, 2016 at 7:59 PM ]
LOL. Yorks won't spend that. They will pocket it and lose with class......
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I thought the 49ers going spend money last year..I am not so hopeful that they will spend money in this up coming free agency.
Last free agency period was a joke. I waited around all excited like a damn fool dreaming up who we were going to sign.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
LOL. Yorks won't spend that. They will pocket it and lose with class......

Sad that this is a possibility. All they have to do is spend 89% of the salary cap between 2017-2020. We could continue to grow our cap room to $120+ million by then and never spend any of it. I'm rooting for us to continue to build our salary cap space in 2017 and then start spending it in 2018 when hopefully we have some pieces in place through the draft. Take advantage of two more years of high draft picks (2017 and 2018). Unfortunately, the spending part may never come, because it would be very profitable to only spend 89% of the cap permanently.
Well if we trade for Jimmy g, draft Garret, and get a couple of impact players in the draft, and spend like crazy, we can actually be 8-8 next year lol. It's sad.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Is it possible for Boy Jed to pocket most of it or all of the cash, and then sell the team / give up ownership??
[ Edited by LVJay on Dec 21, 2016 at 9:09 PM ]

• HERN
  • Veteran
I'm sure that number will be closer to $100 million once vets start getting released.

Is Vinny Sensiri eligible to be franchised tagged? Wouldn't wanna let that guy get away with all that moneies we got.
  • dj43
Originally posted by lazy:
I thought the 49ers going spend money last year..I am not so hopeful that they will spend money in this up coming free agency.

Before they can start spending any money they need to have a GM that will create hope that any player that comes here will have a chance to win in the next two years.

We will never know how many players never even returned phone calls last off-season because they could see the train wreck coming. Good example is Kelechi Osemele. Lot of folks here were going crazy over the possibility of him coming here. He never even sniffed. Went to the Raiders because they were already on the rise. Hence, I don't expect any major FA signings this off-season. We have nothing to attract them except money and the good ones can get that anywhere.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by lazy:

Before they can start spending any money they need to have a GM that will create hope that any player that comes here will have a chance to win in the next two years.

We will never know how many players never even returned phone calls last off-season because they could see the train wreck coming. Good example is Kelechi Osemele. Lot of folks here were going crazy over the possibility of him coming here. He never even sniffed. Went to the Raiders because they were already on the rise. Hence, I don't expect any major FA signings this off-season. We have nothing to attract them except money and the good ones can get that anywhere.

We have a left tackle already..I don't really recall multiple people going crazy for a non-pro bowler tackle that got switched to guard
  • cools
  • Veteran
May have to target west coasters, guys with connections here

Like these guys...
WR's Robert Woods, USC, Marcus Wheaton, Oregon St.
DB M.Thomas, Stanford
DL T.Alualu, Cal
DE/OLB D.Jones, UCLA
C/G B.Schwenke, Cal

Bruce Ellington needs to step in and help lure two of his South Carolina Teammates
Jeffrey and Ingram

Get a decent QB early, that will help attract some talent as well, T.Taylor comes to mind,
He may be released before an expensive option kicks in, 3 days into the league fiscal year

A move like that may entice Z.Brown here too, the two leaders of that team
[ Edited by cools on Dec 22, 2016 at 12:59 AM ]
It's funny people were saying overspending in free agency is not the answer but ask the Giants defense if that is the case. Their defense was horrible last year and they got Jenkins, a great nose tackle and also Vernon from Miami and that has transformed their whole defense and a huge reason why they are so good right now. So overspending is a good thing sometimes if it is worth it. Those players would've helped the Niners so damn much.
[ Edited by elguapo on Dec 22, 2016 at 5:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone