LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

How many players will the 49ers next GM have to replace to fix the roster?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

How many players will the 49ers next GM have to replace to fix the roster?

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
You can get 52 new players but that's not what's needed we need impact players
Originally posted by titan:
IMO...We need to get better by adding or replacing players at these positions. It doesn't matter who the GM or coach is if we don't it will still be the same results.
1QB
2 OL
1DT
2LB
2WR
1FS
2CB
We need 3 qb's and at least 4Wr, 3LB, DT, OC, OT, FS, 2RB, CB, TE with at least 12 being of starting caliber.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9erred:
I just did an analysis of the roster, factored in who is under contract for 2017, and in theory 45 players could be back in 2017.

Cut Kaepernick, Gabbert -thats right start from scratch at qb.

re sign : Ponder- 3 year league minimum deal with very little guaranteed money
Rod Streater-WR
Kerley WR
Chris Jones DT
Chris Harper- WR

The Glaring holes can be filled via Free agency and the draft.
#1 need QB and back up qb
#2 need ILB- one in FA one in the draft (undrafted FA's like bellore do not cut it)
3- NT- FA or draft
4. OLB with pass rushing skills, FA or draft

WR- assuming they have Torrey Smith, Streater, Kerley, Barnibridge, Chris Harper and Ellington, I am OK with no WR's, none are necessary until the team addresses QB and back up QB.

That is right folks, considering the contracts, NO OL, DB's need to be addressed or 3-4 DL (outside of NT)

So basically the Niners need to strengthen their middle on defense, (reduce running yards against them
improve their pass rush

Get a QB who can throw the ball so teams do not stack the box vs the run.

The team has lots of money in FA. If they address NT, ILB in FA, and back uiip QB

Draft QB
Pass Rusher
MLB
NT

Great work...just did the same and I agree.

This sounds about right
Originally posted by 9er2k:
You can get 52 new players but that's not what's needed we need impact players

This. Plenty of starters and roll players. We need impact players now...automatically improves our depth and unit play overall.
One thing bothering me is keeping chip here, drafting for his peculiar needs, and then once we have done that, send him packing next yr. Frankly it would be way smarter to let chip go this yr ( he is NOT going to be with us much longer....why prolong it?) , and get someone who has the ability to be here Long Term. Having chip as part of the draft program , and same applies to Trent and definite paraag....whoever replaces our EVP(HoFO), GM,and HC....THEY should be the ones doing the drafting. Chip is around, what? Another yr? If so why let him pick our players. Leave that to someone who has a good chance of being around here long term.

There, I just talked myself I not letting chip go this yr. Paraag definitely should be goine and Trent knows he is gone.. Round 'me up, turn 'em out.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
One thing bothering me is keeping chip here, drafting for his peculiar needs, and then once we have done that, send him packing next yr. Frankly it would be way smarter to let chip go this yr ( he is NOT going to be with us much longer....why prolong it?) , and get someone who has the ability to be here Long Term. Having chip as part of the draft program , and same applies to Trent and definite paraag....whoever replaces our EVP(HoFO), GM,and HC....THEY should be the ones doing the drafting. Chip is around, what? Another yr? If so why let him pick our players. Leave that to someone who has a good chance of being around here long term.

There, I just talked myself I not letting chip go this yr. Paraag definitely should be goine and Trent knows he is gone.. Round 'me up, turn 'em out.

Very legitimate concern. Only way I see Kelly staying is if he makes some big philosophical changes and many can't do that. We know this firsthand.
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
I just did an analysis of the roster, factored in who is under contract for 2017, and in theory 45 players could be back in 2017.

Rod Streater-WR
Kerley WR
Chris Jones DT
Chris Harper- WR

#2 need ILB- one in FA one in the draft (undrafted FA's like bellore do not cut it)
3- NT- FA or draft

WR- assuming they have Torrey Smith, Streater, Kerley, Barnibridge, Chris Harper and Ellington, I am OK with no WR's, none are necessary until the team addresses QB and back up QB.

That is right folks, considering the contracts, NO OL, DB's need to be addressed or 3-4 DL (outside of NT)

So basically the Niners need to strengthen their middle on defense, (reduce running yards against them
improve their pass rush

The team has lots of money in FA. If they address NT, ILB in FA, and back uiip QB

Draft QB
Pass Rusher
MLB
NT

This sounds about right

What about Rogers? Reid? Dorsey? Ian?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by cjsmoove:

Rod Streater-WR
Kerley WR
Chris Jones DT
Chris Harper- WR

3- NT- FA or draft

improve their pass rush

Draft QB
Pass Rusher
MLB
NT

This sounds about right

Pretty Damn good post 9erred
Share 49ersWebzone