SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at ATLANTA FALCONS - Week 15 2016

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kyle yes, McDaniels no.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yup Kyle Shanahan and Josh McDaniels will be the prime candidates this upcoming off season and the 49ers are gonna miss out on the action.

I can just see it now, the Yorks are gonna keep Kelly around for next year then fire him because the 49ers won't improve over night. Then when it's time to find a head coach again they'll settle in for another Tomsula or Chip Kelly like hire in other words a plan-B type hire. 49ers need to strike now and get Kyle Shanahan to SF. I don't know how many times I have to say that the 49ers need to get back to their roots, the WCO.

Yeah but the reality is the only one they are going to sack is Gabbert and they are going to say they will hire a rookie QB to work into Chip's scheme to back up Ponder with Kap walks at the end of the year,

They will keep Baalke and Chip for another year and make up some BS excuses that it was Gabbert and Kap's fault coupled with all the injuries but next year will be good with the No 2 draft pick that will be wasted by Baalke.

Sorry I have nothing but pessimism my optimism is on vacation
Originally posted by Rascal:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
550 yards vs. 272 yards

KS led offense was clicking on all cylinders, you stop the run, they hit you with the pass, you stop the pass, they maul you with the run.

Throw the bank at Kyle Shanahan!!!!!

I'm with you bro, I just have no faith the Yorks will do anything but the very minimum to change the culture with the 49ers.

Let's face it, Kyle Shanahan will be by far the hottest HC candidate going into this offseason without a question.

Yup Kyle Shanahan and Josh McDaniels will be the prime candidates this upcoming off season and the 49ers are gonna miss out on the action.

I can just see it now, the Yorks are gonna keep Kelly around for next year then fire him because the 49ers won't improve over night. Then when it's time to find a head coach again they'll settle in for another Tomsula or Chip Kelly like hire in other words a plan-B type hire. 49ers need to strike now and get Kyle Shanahan to SF. I don't know how many times I have to say that the 49ers need to get back to their roots, the WCO.

You're right. The only way we'll get a key HC like Shanahan or McDaniels is if we get a head start. As in, they'll have to fire Baalke this week, interview replacement GM's from outside the organization, hire one right as the season ends, and have our GM decide if Kelly is in/out. If Kelly is out, he's fired within a couple days after our last regular season game, and we can make moves on McDaniels/Shanahan, who won't be hired until their teams' respective playoff runs are over. Tell them they can build this team from the ground up with the new GM, whoever it may be, we've got the cap space and draft picks to do it. Our geographical location is also attractive, though I doubt that'll be much of a factor.

Unfortunately, I don't see Baalke getting fired until Black Monday. We're not going to be able to get that head start we desperately need. If we get Shanahan or McDaniels it will be a Harbaugh-level of a lucky hire (not necessarily the same hire in terms of quality, but in terms of fortune at this point in time, I would see it as such).

Who do we know for sure will be looking for a HC? Jacksonville (hopefully they convince Tom Coughlin to come. I doubt it), Los Angeles (McDaniels has been an OC for them before. He was terrible at the time lol), probably Jets, probably Buffalo... probably Chicago... maybe Cincinatti, maybe San Diego, maybe Indianapolis...

That's a lot of competition... Maybe we should just stick with Chip
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Dec 19, 2016 at 12:03 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Goatie:

Yeah but the reality is the only one they are going to sack is Gabbert and they are going to say they will hire a rookie QB to work into Chip's scheme to back up Ponder with Kap walks at the end of the year,

They will keep Baalke and Chip for another year and make up some BS excuses that it was Gabbert and Kap's fault coupled with all the injuries but next year will be good with the No 2 draft pick that will be wasted by Baalke.

They'll let Gabbert walk and fire Jim O'Neil claiming he's the root to all the problems this past season.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:

They'll let Gabbert walk and fire Jim O'Neil claiming he's the root to all the problems this past season.

Whatever they do it will only be window dressing and the tip of the iceberg of what they really need to do. How can we have any faith that they will do what is needs given the f/up after f/up with every other decision they have made in the last few years?

Cant say that my confidence is high that they will have an epiphany and suddenly be the enlightened ones. I would be happy if just one light bulb flicked on in Jed's head, really I would
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
You're right. The only way we'll get a key HC like Shanahan or McDaniels is if we get a head start. As in, they'll have to fire Baalke this week, interview replacement GM's from outside the organization, hire one right as the season ends, and have our GM decide if Kelly is in/out. If Kelly is out, he's fired within a couple days after our last regular season game, and we can make moves on McDaniels/Shanahan, who won't be hired until their teams' respective playoff runs are over. Tell them they can build this team from the ground up with the new GM, whoever it may be, we've got the cap space and draft picks to do it. Our geographical location is also attractive, though I doubt that'll be much of a factor.

Unfortunately, I don't see Baalke getting fired until Black Monday. We're not going to be able to get that head start we desperately need. If we get Shanahan or McDaniels it will be a Harbaugh-level of a lucky hire (not necessarily the same hire in terms of quality, but in terms of fortune at this point in time, I would see it as such).

Who do we know for sure will be looking for a HC? Jacksonville (hopefully they convince Tom Coughlin to come. I doubt it), Los Angeles (McDaniels has been an OC for them before. He was terrible at the time lol), probably Jets, probably Buffalo... probably Chicago... maybe Cincinatti, maybe San Diego, maybe Indianapolis...

That's a lot of competition... Maybe we should just stick with Chip

First we need to bring in a team of consultants to help the Yorks make the right decisions (Holmgren, Young, Jones, Lott, Shanahan etc) This is what Mark Davis did when he took over the Raiders. They could give their advice on how to proceed and who should should be the next GM and what to do with the coach. As Young said, everything and everyone must be canned. Only the ones that can prove they are worthy should be let back on the team.

This game against ATL was the worst game I have seen since 1978
Team of consultants? Bwahaha, the Yorks would laugh in your face if they read that. Consultants would imply they need consultation, which the Yorks adamantly believe they dont. They believe they've got it figured out, and as long as your SBL and season ticket payments clear each month, they could give two s**ts what a bunch of "Faithful" on a forum write about them.
Worst rushing defense of all time YES!!!

The records just keep piling on

• thl408
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Worst rushing defense of all time YES!!!

The records just keep piling on

"The good news? San Francisco isn't going to have the worst run defense in NFL history. That distinction goes to the 1978 Buffalo Bills, who allowed 3,228. The 49ers would have yield 760 yards in the final two games to reach that mark."
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/18/49ers-set-franchise-record-for-yards-rushing-allowed-with-two-games-left/
They'd have to average 380 yds over the final two games if they want to break the record. Challenge accepted.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
"The good news? San Francisco isn't going to have the worst run defense in NFL history. That distinction goes to the 1978 Buffalo Bills, who allowed 3,228. The 49ers would have yield 760 yards in the final two games to reach that mark."
http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/18/49ers-set-franchise-record-for-yards-rushing-allowed-with-two-games-left/
They'd have to average 380 yds over the final two games if they want to break the record. Challenge accepted.

If you can dream it you can do it.

• Kense
  • Veteran
LMAO GOOD GAME FELLAS!!!
Originally posted by Truman49:
First we need to bring in a team of consultants to help the Yorks make the right decisions (Holmgren, Young, Jones, Lott, Shanahan etc) This is what Mark Davis did when he took over the Raiders. They could give their advice on how to proceed and who should should be the next GM and what to do with the coach. As Young said, everything and everyone must be canned. Only the ones that can prove they are worthy should be let back on the team.

This game against ATL was the worst game I have seen since 1978

I actually disagree with your last sentence. Last season's massacre in Arizona happened. After those first two pick six's I knew this was going to be a long couple of seasons
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
I actually disagree with your last sentence. Last season's massacre in Arizona happened. After those first two pick six's I knew this was going to be a long couple of seasons

I think it will be more than a couple...not even sure we've hit rock bottom yet if Jed stays in command and puts a band-aid on what appears to be a gaping hole in this team.
Share 49ersWebzone