There are 194 users in the forums

Better opportunity for a HC - 49ers on Rams?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Better opportunity for a HC - 49ers on Rams?

Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Rams. Better talent and already drafted qb with a year of experience already.

This. Rams is the more appealing destination.....for now. Things change quick in the NFL, but you have to make the right moves.

Right now Rams have more blue chip talent. Donald, Quinn, Gurley. Goff is still young enough to develop. There's a more clear direction there.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Things change quick in the NFL

I hope you're right about that.

Things certainly changed quickly for us... in the other direction. It sure would be nice if the karma storm reversed itself for once.
Rams have been rebuilding with top 10 picks for like 15 years. Like the Raiders.

I'd pick the Rams. They should be much further ahead along than us right now. Anyone can see there is some legit talent there.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Things certainly changed quickly for us... in the other direction. It sure would be nice if the karma storm reversed itself for once.

Amen to that!

Yup, would be nice. There's a fine line between winning and losing. Cards and Panthers were the two best teams in the NFC last season. This year they miss the playoffs with a losing record.

Cowboys were a team mired in mediocrity. Then Prescott and Elliott happened. Just a couple seasons ago the Raiders were in worse shape than the Browns. Now they're one of the top teams in the AFC.

Starts with ownership and the front office bringing in good players and coaches. It's really that simple. If management is capable of doing that, we'll win eventually. If not, we'll be the Santa Clara Browns.
Us, they traded away their future for a QB that has massive bust potential. We have a ton of draft picks, massive cap room and about to have a new GM to pair up with. Also coming off a franchise worst season so any improvement is is better that what was here whereas at least Fisher managed to win a few games each year. Also heard it said that an LA coach is expected to do more than coach football, he is expected to cozy up to the stars and play the game similar to the way college coaches have to do with boosters. None of that here. So I would say come coach the Niners.
Yup, would be nice. There's a fine line between winning and losing. Cards and Panthers were the two best teams in the NFC last season. This year they miss the playoffs with a losing record.

Cowboys were a team mired in mediocrity. Then Prescott and Elliott happened. Just a couple seasons ago the Raiders were in worse shape than the Browns. Now they're one of the top teams in the AFC.

Starts with ownership and the front office bringing in good players and coaches. It's really that simple. If management is capable of doing that, we'll win eventually. If not, we'll be the Santa Clara Browns.

Originally posted by Ninersrisin:
Us, they traded away their future for a QB that has massive bust potential. We have a ton of draft picks, massive cap room and about to have a new GM to pair up with. Also coming off a franchise worst season so any improvement is is better that what was here whereas at least Fisher managed to win a few games each year. Also heard it said that an LA coach is expected to do more than coach football, he is expected to cozy up to the stars and play the game similar to the way college coaches have to do with boosters. None of that here. So I would say come coach the Niners.

Excellent posts by both of you!
Originally posted by Ninersrisin:

Nah you're a disgusting blind homer and this analytic post of yours is nothing but homerism!

/s
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Rams easy. LA, new stadium, much better talents, new franchise QB plus a better owner. The owner might have screwed up in hiring Jeff Fisher and not firing him, but that's what you want as a HC, a little more patience and less impulsive from the owner unlike fxxking Jed York.

Then, you look at the 9ers, you have a sh*t owner, empty stadium, angry fans, no QB, no GM, an ex-GM who had fxxked up pretty much all his drafts and free agency for years resulting in such a hopeless roster. In other words, the 9ers are absolutely barren, there is no positives to be had whichever way you look at it.

Again that is why I have always said if you hire a big name or as some of the more cynical would call old retreads such as a Mike Shanahan, may be as a Head of Football Operations figure, it would aid to steady the ship. At the very least, a guy with Mike's impressive resume will command respect right away with anyone, be it HC, coaching staff candidates and players he interviews. We need that credibility in order to make better hiring, otherwise we will be back to square one. If you just hire say a young GM and a young HC, they won't have enough weight to be able to convince the interviewing candidates to come to SF. The 49ers joint just stinks to high heavens right now. It will surely take sometime before we can get rid of that stench, the place is highly toxic as we speak.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Rams have been rebuilding with top 10 picks for like 15 years. Like the Raiders.

I'd pick the Rams. They should be much further ahead along than us right now. Anyone can see there is some legit talent there.

This - if they add a WR and beef up the offensive line, that team could be really good. Donald is one of the best defensive players in the league, they have talented young linebackers, and they have two cornerstones on offense in Goff and Gurley (Goff has started slow, but he's still 22).

The $40 million in cap space the 49ers have saved up is nice, but realistically that's equivalent to signing a mediocre pass rusher for 4-5 years nowadays. It's something that may help put you over the top when you have a nice core in place, but you aren't going to rebuild your team with it. Right now, we have very little talent and it will take years for us to rebuild. The Rams are much closer to being a playoff team.

Things change quick in the NFL

This is Cassies bad karma we and her dad are living through. Once Trent is fired the storm will calm down
It's like the guy who was afraid to fly and someone told him it's probably not his time to die and he asked, "what if it's the pilots time"?
We are suffering for the Cassie tweet.
Sacramento City College.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Rams and it's not close. Apparently the Rams are projected to be $40 million under the cap next year.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by NCommand:

This - if they add a WR and beef up the offensive line, that team could be really good. Donald is one of the best defensive players in the league, they have talented young linebackers, and they have two cornerstones on offense in Goff and Gurley (Goff has started slow, but he's still 22).

The $40 million in cap space the 49ers have saved up is nice, but realistically that's equivalent to signing a mediocre pass rusher for 4-5 years nowadays. It's something that may help put you over the top when you have a nice core in place, but you aren't going to rebuild your team with it. Right now, we have very little talent and it will take years for us to rebuild. The Rams are much closer to being a playoff team.

it'll be close to $90 million with cap rollover and once bethea/kap/brooks get cut. but i agree rams job better
a new set of headaches comes with LA tho. its a big city, young players will do stupid things, media scrutiny will be higher.
Share 49ersWebzone