LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 205 users in the forums

Which coordinators should be replaced after the season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
whos to say he wouldnt have done that with anyone else if he thought it was a weakness? im just saying, Gore was special. he wouldve been special either way. hes an all timer. rathman had barlow, maurice hicks, dixon, and a bunch of other rb's pass through, how come gore was the only one who could pass protect? lol

You could assume that about every great player.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
whos to say he wouldnt have done that with anyone else if he thought it was a weakness? im just saying, Gore was special. he wouldve been special either way. hes an all timer. rathman had barlow, maurice hicks, dixon, and a bunch of other rb's pass through, how come gore was the only one who could pass protect? lol

You could assume that about every great player.
and its probably true lol. work ethic, heart and talent go a long way. coaching helps but you cant make a stud out of someone who just isnt.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
If Oneil was never on board, and we played w/out a DC on the sidelines... just let the players call their own plays, I'm certain we would've won a couple of more games. This ****ing idiot was a big reason why we lost so much.

If Chip stays, I hope someone forces him to sign a new DC.
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Assuming Kelly remains HC, which coordinators/coaches should be replaced?

IMHO Jim O´Neil, his scheme is bad, also I´m leaning toward Joe Bowden the ILB coach, and Jerry Azziraro the DL coach.

O´Neil scheme is bad, while I´m no expert I´m reading that the gap integrity is a problem, our run defense is terirble, allthough it has been better since Dorsey returned to the lineup we´re still getting puished arround in the run game, our D line. Our ILB, yes the current ones are bad, are cuaght out of position, have poor technique. Thatßs up to the position coaches. Buckner still playing from times to high is also on the position coaches.

Uh, yeah. Jim O' Neil should have been fired weeks ago. When you lose 12 straight games, there really are no excuses anymore.

Why should Jim Oneill be fired exactly?? Its not his fault the roster talent level is laughable.

Is it the scheme or the players? When your players are out of position on a regular basis and the cornerbacks have only intercepted one pass all year, with the bit of talent we have on the roster, we should have been playing better. It seemed as though the linebackers were constantly in the wrong gaps, up field as the running backs blow right by them through some of the biggest gaping holes I've seen. Rich Eisen could have run through those gaps.

So despite having a poor roster, Jim O' Neil hasn't been helping matters any. When someone asked him about "gap discipline", he wasn't familiar with that term.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
"So despite having a poor roster, Jim O' Neil hasn't been helping matters any. When someone asked him about "gap discipline", he wasn't familiar with that term"

O'Neil probably was thinking about a hooker he once had when he was asked about gap discipline
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Reading this thread is like watching a bunch of monkeys hump a football. Youre worried about what coaches the 49ers will fire when the talent level of the roster couldnt get much worse?? Fire Baalke, get better players, this organization & its fan base have become notorious for using the HC & all coaches as scapements purely because they dont know any better.

You could argue that Tomsula's roster was much worse. After all he didn't have 1st round picks Garnett and Buckner on his lines, both who are key players. Hyde was injured for majority of the season. Tomsula also found a way to win with both Gabbert and Kaepernick.
Share 49ersWebzone