There are 231 users in the forums

Which coordinators should be replaced after the season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • exile
  • Veteran
The team has set a team record for most losses in a row, and has had a historically bad defense. In that circumstance, you can have no mercy.
If Chip stays then it doesn't matter who the OC is. Our DC needs to go. No matter what happens, he needs to be fired and I would be very surprised if he isn't. I'm surprised they havnt fired him already and replaced him with Tarver at this point since he is already on the staff.
I would Love to see Jed throw $$ at Pettine to get him as our DC. Less expensive option would be Joey Porter who is extremely smart and I think would be a good DC in this league.
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Assuming Kelly remains HC, which coordinators/coaches should be replaced?

IMHO Jim O´Neil, his scheme is bad, also I´m leaning toward Joe Bowden the ILB coach, and Jerry Azziraro the DL coach.

O´Neil scheme is bad, while I´m no expert I´m reading that the gap integrity is a problem, our run defense is terirble, allthough it has been better since Dorsey returned to the lineup we´re still getting puished arround in the run game, our D line. Our ILB, yes the current ones are bad, are cuaght out of position, have poor technique. Thatßs up to the position coaches. Buckner still playing from times to high is also on the position coaches.

Uh, yeah. Jim O' Neil should have been fired weeks ago. When you lose 12 straight games, there really are no excuses anymore.
how has this guy not been fired yet, atleast to save face and say theyre trying and they realize theres a problem. we have a historically bad defense. the rams have more wins than us and they fired fisher but we havent even fired the worst DC in the history of football yet
All of them. I want every gd coach gone. The only coach that i as a fan would be ok with keeping is Rathman, but wouldn't be upset if he got the axe as well.
Originally posted by Psinex:

IMHO Jim O´Neil, his scheme is bad, also I´m leaning toward Joe Bowden the ILB coach, and Jerry Azziraro the DL coach.

O´Neil scheme is bad, while I´m no expert I´m reading that the gap integrity is a problem, our run defense is terirble, allthough it has been better since Dorsey returned to the lineup we´re still getting puished arround in the run game, our D line. Our ILB, yes the current ones are bad, are cuaght out of position, have poor technique. Thatßs up to the position coaches. Buckner still playing from times to high is also on the position coaches.

Uh, yeah. Jim O' Neil should have been fired weeks ago. When you lose 12 straight games, there really are no excuses anymore.

Why should Jim Oneill be fired exactly?? Its not his fault the roster talent level is laughable.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I like our DL coach, he can stay w/Chip.

As for Rathman, I still don't get why he doesn't wanna be anything else but a RB coach.. He should at least try to UP his knowledge and be a Running Game Coordinator... or even play calling assistant..

I don't get why he doesn't wanna be involve..
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:

Wasn't there a coordinator from Pittsburgh a couple of years back who got fired in the middle of the season (maybe their bye week) because he was just not getting it done??

Is Kelly really thinking that our DC is actually our young players are developing?

Can someone interview Dizzy (Reid) and ask him now about the scheme he was so inlove with during the OTAs???
Originally posted by 9moon:

As for Rathman, I still don't get why he doesn't wanna be anything else but a RB coach.. He should at least try to UP his knowledge and be a Running Game Coordinator... or even play calling assistant..

Walsh probably grabbed Rathman by the arm one day in practice and said "Tommy you're going to make a great running backs coach in this league someday", and he took those words literally.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Every coach needs to go. Even rathman.

Rathman is one of the best RB coaches in the league and a connection to our glory years. Gore wouldn't be Gore without him.

This

Originally posted by WINiner:
All of them. I want every gd coach gone. The only coach that i as a fan would be ok with keeping is Rathman, but wouldn't be upset if he got the axe as well.

Truth
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

There is M.Maiocco podcast from a few weeks ago that asks rathman this question. It sounded to me like he enjoys it and is content with his role.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by WINiner:

Truth

Gore wouldve been a savage no matter who was coaching him. he was still a beast with absolutely no help on offense when the whole world knew he would get the ball because of his patience, his heart and his burst. you cant teach that s**t. you either have it or you dont. not saying rathman isnt a good coach, but gore was a spectacular talent in school too, portis mcgahee and edgerin james all respected Gore as being the man at Miami.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Gore wouldve been a savage no matter who was coaching him. he was still a beast with absolutely no help on offense when the whole world knew he would get the ball because of his patience, his heart and his burst. you cant teach that s**t. you either have it or you dont. not saying rathman isnt a good coach, but gore was a spectacular talent in school too, portis mcgahee and edgerin james all respected Gore as being the man at Miami.

Gore loves the game. He made himself the best blocking rb in the league working with rathman.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Gore loves the game. He made himself the best blocking rb in the league working with rathman.
whos to say he wouldnt have done that with anyone else if he thought it was a weakness? im just saying, Gore was special. he wouldve been special either way. hes an all timer. rathman had barlow, maurice hicks, dixon, and a bunch of other rb's pass through, how come gore was the only one who could pass protect? lol
Share 49ersWebzone