LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Which coordinators should be replaced after the season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Go after fangio or ed donatell
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Assuming Kelly remains HC, which coordinators/coaches should be replaced?

IMHO Jim O´Neil, his scheme is bad, also I´m leaning toward Joe Bowden the ILB coach, and Jerry Azziraro the DL coach.

O´Neil scheme is bad, while I´m no expert I´m reading that the gap integrity is a problem, our run defense is terirble, allthough it has been better since Dorsey returned to the lineup we´re still getting puished arround in the run game, our D line. Our ILB, yes the current ones are bad, are cuaght out of position, have poor technique. Thatßs up to the position coaches. Buckner still playing from times to high is also on the position coaches.
How about oc both of them
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The question is, can Chip Kelly find competent ones to replace them?? So far, only Rathman and Tarver are worthy of keeping around and they've been with the 49ers before Kelly got here. So I'm gonna say no, I don't think Kelly can find competent replacements, might as well just cut the head off the snake and be done with it. Let's get a head coach in SF that is respected around the league.
O'Neil for sure, defense is horrible, but then again most chip Kelly defenses are horrible thanks to the offense scoring too fast and the fast pace s**t
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bkbkeahi:

Fangio? He will never come back after how he was treated.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
The question is, can Chip Kelly find competent ones to replace them?? So far, only Rathman and Tarver are worthy of keeping around and they've been with the 49ers before Kelly got here. So I'm gonna say no, I don't think Kelly can find competent replacements, might as well just cut the head off the snake and be done with it. Let's get a head coach in SF that is respected around the league.

Exactly. The head of the snake is the issue here. Is Chip Kelly, he is just a crap NFL head coach, that is really what it boils down to.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I'd still like to keep Rathman.

You are right, we should always keep Rathman.
Originally posted by Rascal:
Exactly. The head of the snake is the issue here. Is Chip Kelly, he is just a crap NFL head coach, that is really what it boils down to.

So, who is on your short line of head coaches? I just don't want an old retread.
Reading this thread is like watching a bunch of monkeys hump a football. Youre worried about what coaches the 49ers will fire when the talent level of the roster couldnt get much worse?? Fire Baalke, get better players, this organization & its fan base have become notorious for using the HC & all coaches as scapements purely because they dont know any better.

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Every coach needs to go. Even rathman.

Rathman is one of the best RB coaches in the league and a connection to our glory years. Gore wouldn't be Gore without him.

can you name another RB coach off the top of your head?

serious question, I can't
Originally posted by bkbkeahi:

why would they want to come back?
Originally posted by GMniner805:
Reading this thread is like watching a bunch of monkeys hump a football. Youre worried about what coaches the 49ers will fire when the talent level of the roster couldnt get much worse?? Fire Baalke, get better players, this organization & its fan base have become notorious for using the HC & all coaches as scapements purely because they dont know any better.

Ha Ha!

I know I was spoiled watching Walsh.
It is easy to blame the coach and that is what York and Baalke have been doing for years. You are right that Baalke needs to go.
Originally posted by GMniner805:

Yup.

Still blaming coaches while we don't do s**t in free agency and strike out in the draft.

Although jim oneil was a horrible hire.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Dec 14, 2016 at 8:14 AM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Truman49:
Originally posted by Rascal:

So, who is on your short line of head coaches? I just don't want an old retread.

The truth is if you don't want what you term as "old retread", it will be hard for a young or youngish HC candidate to garner enough respect in order to hire a great coaching staff after what we have done. We haven't been able to hire a credible coaching staff ever since we fired Harbaugh. So, if you are going to have a young guy, then you better make sure you have a very seasoned and well respected Head of Football Operations figure. In that sense, the Mike/Kyle Shanahan package might not be a bad thing. You need that heavy weight guy to sit on top to steady the ship. Let's face it, if you are a young, up and coming coach, being interviewed by a guy like Mike should calm most of your concerns about the 49ers franchise. There is just no way any young coaches won't respect Mike, he is a big name in football.
Share 49ersWebzone