LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 305 users in the forums

Which coordinators should be replaced after the season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Assuming Kelly remains HC, which coordinators/coaches should be replaced?

IMHO Jim O´Neil, his scheme is bad, also I´m leaning toward Joe Bowden the ILB coach, and Jerry Azziraro the DL coach.

O´Neil scheme is bad, while I´m no expert I´m reading that the gap integrity is a problem, our run defense is terirble, allthough it has been better since Dorsey returned to the lineup we´re still getting puished arround in the run game, our D line. Our ILB, yes the current ones are bad, are cuaght out of position, have poor technique. Thatßs up to the position coaches. Buckner still playing from times to high is also on the position coaches.
  • zinn
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Assuming Kelly remains HC, which coordinators/coaches should be replaced?

IMHO Jim O´Neil, his scheme is bad, also I´m leaning toward Joe Bowden the ILB coach, and Jerry Azziraro the DL coach.

O´Neil scheme is bad, while I´m no expert I´m reading that the gap integrity is a problem, our run defense is terirble, allthough it has been better since Dorsey returned to the lineup we´re still getting puished arround in the run game, our D line. Our ILB, yes the current ones are bad, are cuaght out of position, have poor technique. Thatßs up to the position coaches. Buckner still playing from times to high is also on the position coaches.

If Kelly remains who is going to want to work with him after seeing the product he put on the football field this season? He is looking at very young guys dying to take a shot at the next level or retreads trying to reestablish themselves. Basically long shot types..
All of them.....
Let's start a new thread...Coaches we want!!!! lol...Matt Patricia...dat beard!
Originally posted by Truman49:
All of them.....

I'd still like to keep Rathman.
Every coach needs to go. Even rathman.
All of them,, get rid of everyone!
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Rathman is one of the best RB coaches in the league and a connection to our glory years. Gore wouldn't be Gore without him.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Rathman is one of the best RB coaches in the league and a connection to our glory years. Gore wouldn't be Gore without him.

gore is no longer on the team and our glory years were 30 years ago. let it go man. rathman is good, he may be worth keeping but I think this team needs new blood. complete reboot, demolition of what we have right now. ground up rebuild. we have a few decent young players, we need to build up our talent base and get a coach who can teach.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
gore is no longer on the team and our glory years were 30 years ago. let it go man. rathman is good, he may be worth keeping but I think this team needs new blood. complete reboot, demolition of what we have right now. ground up rebuild. we have a few decent young players, we need to build up our talent base and get a coach who can teach.

I agree we need to overhaul most of it but getting rid of a great coach is not a good move. He gets the job done that deserves another chance. He's literally the only coach that has managed some success this year.

O'Neil needs to go but it's not Chip is going to recruit anyone better.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
O'Neil needs to go but it's not Chip is going to recruit anyone better.

chip has no nfl connections and zero credibility after this year. hes gonna grab a no name from college and get the same result. he needs to go. we need someone with connections. Harbaugh had so much experience on his staff and we were a great team because of it
O'Neill minimum.
Errbody
Share 49ersWebzone