LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Speed Kills!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by bigmur49:
With Kap's arm I just can't understand why he doesn't chuck one or two up for Smith every game. Just throw it as far as you can and see if he can get to it.

Even if he doesn't catch it at least it will make the secondary think about the possibility and open up other things.

The problem with Kaepernick is that he has never learned how to put loft on the ball and let the receiver run under it. He still throws line drives.

Just chucking one down the field wastes a down unless you have some expectation that it might be complete.
Chip's offense is predicated on speed. That's our biggest problem right now. Our guys aren't separating and they don't have the quickness to win in the open field. We desperately need an infusion of speed at WR and RB.

Torrey appears to have lost some speed and is probably closer to a 4.45 now. He never had the quickness to be a great route runner. No one else at the position has shown anything else either.

At RB, Harris has averaged 4.1 yds/carry to Hyde's 3.9. Hyde is the better player, but I see Harris as the better fit.

McCoy, D-Jax, and Sproles are the type of players that make his offense dangerous. We don't have anyone like that on the roster.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 10, 2016 at 11:42 AM ]
Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
I'm watching guys like Tyreek Hill and Taylor Gabriel gash through defenses with pure speed. I've always been an advocate for size at WR but now my viewpoint is changing. I'm starting to like guys like Dede Westbrook. Who else is there coming out or future free we could target that has that blazing speed that we can see on film. I haven't really seen that out of Torrey Smith

Bruce Ellington was supposed to them..but nope
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
I'm watching guys like Tyreek Hill and Taylor Gabriel gash through defenses with pure speed. I've always been an advocate for size at WR but now my viewpoint is changing. I'm starting to like guys like Dede Westbrook. Who else is there coming out or future free we could target that has that blazing speed that we can see on film. I haven't really seen that out of Torrey Smith

Bruce Ellington was supposed to them..but nope

Rogers the big body WR. I'd be sweet to sign Garçon and Djax.
Share 49ersWebzone