LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

RIP Larry Roberts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
San Francisco 49ers ‏@49ers 13m13 minutes ago Former #49ers DE Larry Roberts has passed away at the age of 53.

Too young, a 49er his entire career on some great teams RIP.
RIP
RIP Larry
  • BobS
  • Veteran
RIP, wonder what the life expectancy is of ex-NFL players compared to the average Joe? It seems too many are dying too young.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
RIP, wonder what the life expectancy is of ex-NFL players compared to the average Joe? It seems too many are dying too young.

Seems to be a lot of conflicting reports. Some studies say mid to late fifties, others say it's higher than the general male population. (wealth generally = better healthcare). I'd imagine the guys who took/made a lot of really big hits probably pay for it to some extent in later life.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Too young RIP
One of my favorite late 80s 49ers. Always an unspoken hard worker.
Damn . . . part of one of the best single team draft classes in NFL history. RIP Big Larry.
RIP Sir!

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Class Act.. came in with Charles Haley in the famous 1986 draft..

I still remember how he was leading the defense in that 1989 NFCCG in the 2nd half... " NO BUYING TICKETS.. IT'S 1-2-3 AND OUT.. NO BUYING TICKETS !!"

REST IN PEACE !!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
Class Act.. came in with Charles Haley in the famous 1986 draft..

I still remember how he was leading the defense in that 1989 NFCCG in the 2nd half... " NO BUYING TICKETS.. IT'S 1-2-3 AND OUT.. NO BUYING TICKETS !!"

REST IN PEACE !!!

Yep...remember that video clip.

Sad day...wow. Like BobS wrote...so many are starting to go at a much younger age.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
RIP
Good guy, good player.
53. how VERY sad.

RIP, Sir.
Share 49ersWebzone