There are 283 users in the forums

49ers vs Jets Pre-game thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ok as I'm watching us get crushed on MNF and seeing this team get worse every week of the season I'm starting to think of will we ever get it right. So lets a take a solid look at the whole damn team from front office to the roster.

Woody Johnson- I'm sorry I hate this guy!! This guy doesn't care one bit about the team. Its all about headlines and being a politician. Look at him just sitting with Mike Pence down by 14 and the team is 3-8 like its nothing and all is cool.

Toad Bowels- I call him Bubba because he looks like Bubba from Forest Gump and he is just as clueless also. He is like a deer in the headlights and you can see how the team has lost composer under him. Why Fitzpatrick is still playing just shows how much of a joke he is. The thing about it is with a s**t owner like Johnson no decent coach wants to come here. Look at Parcells and Belichick.....

QB- Bye bye Ryan Fitzpatrick!! The best move of the off season was not giving him the deal he wanted. He is a classic example of a player who has a monster year in a contract year and comes back down to earth the next season. Its too bad we will never get to really see what Petty can do because Bowels wont put him in and let him sling the ball. I have 0 Faith in Hackenburg so we are in the same boat at QB as we have been since 2007 not knowing what to do.

RB- Forte is having a solid year when we use him but is getting old. Powell is a awesome number 2 but a number 2 at best.

WR- Marshall is getting old and is a FA after 17. Decker is hurt and also get up in age. Quincy Enunwa is a solid #3. Devin Smith cant catch, Robbie Anderson is trash.

TE- HAHAHA a total Joke since Keller left

OL-Not good and old. Will always love Mangold for sticking with us to the end

DL- Williams is a monster!! probably the best thing for our team. Wilkerson looks like a player who has gotten paid and doesn't care now and that is not good!! Rich is gone at season end because we signed Wilk.

LB-Lee looks good! Mauldin looks like he can be solid and Jenkins does also. Harris is old now.

DB- Revis will always be a favorite of mine but its time to go, I have never seen a player drop off so bad in 1 year and he just cant run at a NFL pace anymore. We have 0 at CB and Pryor has looked bad all season also.

K-Folk is ok

Punter- Can we please get a frigging punter who can change the field!!!!

And to top everything off they cant draft worth a damn.

So when you look at this we have no future outside of Williams. The only bright spot is Marshall/Decker/Mangold/Forte/Revis/Clady/Harris and Gilchrest are all off the books after 18 so by the time these players are past there prime they wont cripple the cap. but whats the point of having cap space when there is nobody to extend.

I really feel like we are about to go into the dark ages and its going to be a longtime before we can contend.

http://nyjetsfan.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=39528&s=d5de8760460b26c9b407d551932b9543

Jets fans sound like Niner fans. Hate the owner, hate the gm, hate the coach, hate the QB
Just a quick question: If we beat the Jets, what would that mean for our draft position? If I remember correctly, the Jags are stuck at 2 wins as well.
[ Edited by TWD_Fan on Dec 6, 2016 at 5:05 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Ok as I'm watching us get crushed on MNF and seeing this team get worse every week of the season I'm starting to think of will we ever get it right. So lets a take a solid look at the whole damn team from front office to the roster.

Woody Johnson- I'm sorry I hate this guy!! This guy doesn't care one bit about the team. Its all about headlines and being a politician. Look at him just sitting with Mike Pence down by 14 and the team is 3-8 like its nothing and all is cool.

Toad Bowels- I call him Bubba because he looks like Bubba from Forest Gump and he is just as clueless also. He is like a deer in the headlights and you can see how the team has lost composer under him. Why Fitzpatrick is still playing just shows how much of a joke he is. The thing about it is with a s**t owner like Johnson no decent coach wants to come here. Look at Parcells and Belichick.....

QB- Bye bye Ryan Fitzpatrick!! The best move of the off season was not giving him the deal he wanted. He is a classic example of a player who has a monster year in a contract year and comes back down to earth the next season. Its too bad we will never get to really see what Petty can do because Bowels wont put him in and let him sling the ball. I have 0 Faith in Hackenburg so we are in the same boat at QB as we have been since 2007 not knowing what to do.

RB- Forte is having a solid year when we use him but is getting old. Powell is a awesome number 2 but a number 2 at best.

WR- Marshall is getting old and is a FA after 17. Decker is hurt and also get up in age. Quincy Enunwa is a solid #3. Devin Smith cant catch, Robbie Anderson is trash.

TE- HAHAHA a total Joke since Keller left

OL-Not good and old. Will always love Mangold for sticking with us to the end

DL- Williams is a monster!! probably the best thing for our team. Wilkerson looks like a player who has gotten paid and doesn't care now and that is not good!! Rich is gone at season end because we signed Wilk.

LB-Lee looks good! Mauldin looks like he can be solid and Jenkins does also. Harris is old now.

DB- Revis will always be a favorite of mine but its time to go, I have never seen a player drop off so bad in 1 year and he just cant run at a NFL pace anymore. We have 0 at CB and Pryor has looked bad all season also.

K-Folk is ok

Punter- Can we please get a frigging punter who can change the field!!!!

And to top everything off they cant draft worth a damn.

So when you look at this we have no future outside of Williams. The only bright spot is Marshall/Decker/Mangold/Forte/Revis/Clady/Harris and Gilchrest are all off the books after 18 so by the time these players are past there prime they wont cripple the cap. but whats the point of having cap space when there is nobody to extend.

I really feel like we are about to go into the dark ages and its going to be a longtime before we can contend.

http://nyjetsfan.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=39528&s=d5de8760460b26c9b407d551932b9543

Jets fans sound like Niner fans. Hate the owner, hate the gm, hate the coach, hate the QB

Ouch. Damn its rough all over
Originally posted by TWD_Fan:
Just a quick question: If we beat the Jets, what would that mean for our draft position? If I remember correctly, the Jags are stuck at 2 wins as well.
Beating the Jets would almost certainly ruin any chance we have for #1 overall. Otherwise, beating the Jets by itself does nothing; we'd still be at #2.

The danger is beating the Jets and the Rams both. We could drop as low as #4.

It's all in Strength of Schedule. We kick the Browns, Jags (and Jets) asses but currently are a hair behind the Bears. Our loss to the Bears is secondary to SOS, so we could easily drop behind them as well as the Jags.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
It's gonna be sorry and one hell of an ugly game...

#UglyAsPhuc
where is Hackenberg??
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Traveling Jets fans who will get to see a win for a discounted price

Yep, stub hub has tix starting at $25. LOTS of tix available in all areas.

Jets fan: hey honey , want to visit SF and spend almost nothing to watch Jets play?
The Hora Bowl
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Every game from this point on is a must-lose game. Let's go Jets!!
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
Every game from this point on is a must-lose game. Let's go Jets!!

Go, Jets, go!

In my post above I should have written that losing to the Jets nearly assures us of #2 at worst. Yes, I'm assuming we lose to the Falcons and Seahawks. Wouldn't you?
[ Edited by RTFirefly on Dec 6, 2016 at 9:24 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RTFirefly:
In my post above I should have written that losing to the Jets nearly assures us of #2 at worst. Yes, I'm assuming we lose to the Falcons and Seahawks. Wouldn't you?

The Rams game is also very winnable. So, the Rams and us could end up with the same record, but I think we'd have the SOS advantage.
Originally posted by mayo49:

The Rams game is also very winnable. So, the Rams and us could end up with the same record, but I think we'd have the SOS advantage.
I'm starting with the assumption that we're going to lose to the Falcons and Seahawks. So that makes us 3-13 at the most. The Rams have 4 wins. The only teams I'm concerned with are the Browns (0-12 but we're leading the tiebreak by a whole bunch), the Jags (2-10 but again big TB lead), and the Bears (3-9 but they have slight TB lead).

Natch beating the Falcs or the 'Hawks blows all this out of the water.
[ Edited by RTFirefly on Dec 7, 2016 at 5:49 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I'm starting with the assumption that we're going to lose to the Falcons and Seahawks. So that makes us 3-13 at the most. The Rams have 4 wins. The only teams I'm concerned with are the Browns (0-12 but we're leading the tiebreak by a whole bunch), the Jags (2-10 but again big TB lead), and the Bears (3-13 but they have slight TB lead).

I'm sorry, I should have said us and JAX could end up with the same record. The Rams have 4 wins, so we don't have to worry about ending with the same record. Like you said, assuming we lose to the Falcons and Seachickens.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 7, 2016 at 5:51 AM ]

I'm starting with the assumption that we're going to lose to the Falcons and Seahawks. So that makes us 3-13 at the most. The Rams have 4 wins. The only teams I'm concerned with are the Browns (0-12 but we're leading the tiebreak by a whole bunch), the Jags (2-10 but again big TB lead), and the Bears (3-13 but they have slight TB lead).

I'm sorry, I should have said we and the JAX could end up with the same record. Like you said, the Rams have 4 wins.
K, got it. At present, we have a big tiebreak lead on them. In calculating SOS, I've used all 16 opponents for all teams (many online calcs only use SOS to date which is silly), so there shouldn't be a big change in the last four weeks. It is possible though.
[ Edited by RTFirefly on Dec 7, 2016 at 5:53 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone