There are 271 users in the forums

49ers vs Jets Pre-game thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game?gameId=400874621 = Game summary

Sunday, December 11, 1:05 PM on CBS
Levi's Stadium

Niners -1

Go Niners Go
The playoff implications of this game are staggering.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Jets win...continue the streak...
Yeah, even at home I don't see us winning this one either. If we do, it'll be barely. If it's not Forte running all over us, it'll be Marshall abusing the secondary.

We have no receivers that can get past even an aging Revis. The Jets DL will probably have a field day with our OL. Only thing that would keep this close is some bonehead turnovers by NYJ (Fitzpatrick).

Final Score: Jets 30, Niners 13
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 5, 2016 at 8:57 AM ]
Will this game get flexed to the NBC Sunday night time slot?
We lose this game and we're a lock for that top 2 pick. Let's go Jets!
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
:/ I have that day off, kinda wish I was working so I don't have to see it....
Losing out will not help the Jets draft position. I expect them to bring it tonight and on Sunday.

1. Cleveland Browns
2016 record: 0-12 (.571)
Top needs: QB, CB, WR
Analysis: The Browns took a pass on Carson Wentz so now they are still looking for "that guy." Finding a future star across from Joe Haden could be an early priority. A go-to, reliable WR1 could be a catalyst for the Browns' offense.

2. San Francisco 49ers
2016 record: 1-10 (.558)
Top needs: QB, Edge, WR
Analysis: We can all talk about what the "right fit" is for a Chip Kelly offense, but the bottom line is that the 49ers simply need a better quarterback. Finding a pass rusher will be high on the priority list while adding a weapon or two at WR for a new QB could make sense.

3. Jacksonville Jaguars
2016 record: 2-9 (.533)
Top needs: OL, DT, S
Analysis: The play at tackle and guard has been spotty for Jacksonville. Finding a defensive force to plug into the middle of the line and a talented cover safety should also be considerations.

4. Chicago Bears
2016 record: 2-9 (.541)
Top needs: QB, DB, TE
Analysis: Jay Cutler's dead cap money drops dramatically, which could lead to his departure. The Bears have spent their last couple of early round picks on their defensive front, but now they need to look to sharpen their secondary. Adding a well-rounded tight end should be a possibility.

5. New York Jets
2016 record: 3-8 (.504)
Top needs: G, TE, LB
Analysis: I'd like to make QB one of the top three needs, but we'll give Christian Hackenberg another year. The interior offensive line should be addressed, as should the tight end spot. With aging inside 'backers, the Jets could look for another youngster to pair with Darron Lee.

6. Cincinnati Bengals
  • thl408
Can't wait.
is it possible to get negative points?

According to my off-the-cuff calculations, we are in no danger of losing draft position via tiebreak (Strength of Schedule) to the Browns, the Jags, and the Jets. The Bears hold a very slight edge over us at the moment (remember head-to-head is secondary to SOS for draft position). Here's the deal:
1) Browns 0-12 (TB us)
2) Us 1-11
3) Jags 2-10 (TB us)
4) Bears 3-9 (TB Bears)
5) Jets 3-8 (TB us)

I'm going out on a limb (ha!) and say we will not win @Atlanta or vs. Seattle. This means we can finish no lower than 4th overall. It also means we can still guarantee 2nd overall with a loss vs. NYJ OR a loss to @LA. To have a shot at 1st overall and to guarantee at least 2nd, therefore, we MUST have that extra loss. To get 1st, of course, we must lose both.

That makes the Jets game crucial to our season's classy success.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
hey, whatever happened to that game poster thing we had going on? everyone bail?

Miss me now?
post deleted
[ Edited by RTFirefly on Dec 5, 2016 at 9:19 AM ]
J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets!
Share 49ersWebzone