Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think Chip returns to Oregon?

Oregon's old HC will be our Asst HC or new OC
This
Originally posted by LVJay:
Yes, but only for a visit to his favorite buffet
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Oregon's old HC will be our Asst HC or new OC

I'd be smart. Can have him help out anywhere chip needs him on offense, chip goes around tightening all screws elsewhere.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by Zealot:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
He's not going anywhere...he's done Oregon, so why go back. He can be a success in SF so long as the FO gets him the players he needs. Look what he's done with Kap...the man can coach, so let him coach for us. It's Baalke that needs to go.

Yeah it really does look like he's built up a strong rapport with Kap. Chip looks really supportive of him when they're together on the sideline. If Kap feels that is a factor in his improved performance then maybe he decides to stay and I wouldn't have a problem with that if he continues to show improvement.

I'd like to see Chip stay and see what he can produce after another draft and FA period.

Chip worries about a player's progress in relations to football (the actual game). While some fans and media are worried about Kap's protest / politics, the coach is trying to see if the Limp Pickle can be revived (just in case they keep him). Coaches coach while the media and fans whine

Yeah, I thought Chip handled the question of Kap's protestations really well. The media were looking for signs of division and dissent to latch onto but Chip showed support in principle and answered in ways that left little room for much further and returned the focus to football. He also had the issue dealt with as a team by addressing it openly and early so it couldn't fester and cause unexpected problems down the track. Very professional and strong leadership shown there imo.

That's another reason why he's better than the last dump truck who coached us, this guy doesn't sound like a buffoon when he speaks.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:
Any chance of Kelly adding Helfrich to his staff?

He would be quite an expensive back scratcher and a nuisance as well...
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ranch100:
This
Yes, but only for a visit to his favorite buffet

Ranch gets it
Defense is the problem.

Giving up 150 rushing yards a game and giving up 30 points a game is unacceptable.

No way to succeed playing like that.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
He has said multiple times he's not going anywhere, yet people still make these threads??

Tom Herman loves Houston!!
Originally posted by illinois9er:
He has said multiple times he's not going anywhere, yet people still make these threads??

Of course he did, but he loved the salary increase by going to Longhorns even more.
Originally posted by illinois9er:

If you have ever lived in Houston, you know this statement not to be true.

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Defense is the problem.

Giving up 150 rushing yards a game and giving up 30 points a game is unacceptable.

No way to succeed playing like that.

Word.

Kelly certainly could do a better job of morphing his system and tweaking it here and there (i.e. utilize Modkins and incorporate some power) but the defense is the issue...and no, I'm not talking about all the players on I.R. O'Neil was NOT ready for the big leagues and it's showing in his scheme. I don't fault him for the talent lost...just his acumen.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Helfrich's full comments regarding Chip Kelly:

Sounds like he was stoned waiting for that 10 million or whatever he's owed lol.
Share 49ersWebzone