There are 145 users in the forums

Do you think Chip returns to Oregon?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you think Chip returns to Oregon?

If they call, I think he goes. What do you think?
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
In a heartbeat if they call. It will be the only golden parachute for him to get out of this mess which not only salvages his career, but will in fact make him look good as the savior of Oregon football. Not to mention they will probably pay him truckloads too, even more than what he is on now.
This would make us look really, really bad...

If he just gets up and leaves... is any HC candidate going to want to come here after the Harbaugh drama, one year firing of Tomsula after a 5-11 season, and now Chip Kelly exiting on his own after a year?
I hope he does but he won't.
As much as I want it to happen, sadly, no.

Especially with the media playing up the moral victories lately. We are destined for middling to bottom feeder status for the next few years.
Yes, total resets at both programs

No, if Kap keeps progressing and it looks like something is there

Maybe if it is somewhere in between
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
I hope he does but he won't.

Originally posted by jedediahyork:
As much as I want it to happen, sadly, no.

Especially with the media playing up the moral victories lately. We are destined for middling to bottom feeder status for the next few years.

Why not?

The longer he sticks around with the 9ers he will be seen more and more as a failed head coach. Guys, we have no idea how long will the 9ers be in the cellars. In other words, if Chip Kelly thinks he is going to turn this thing around and be seen as another Harbaugh, then he needs to think again. Chip Kelly might be a crappy NFL coach, but he ain't that stupid.
Yup he's a goner.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Yes, but only for a visit to his favorite buffet
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Don't expect Kelly to take the job. Despite the 49ers' miserable 1–10 season, he's settled in there and committed to turning things around. But don't be naïve to think that Kelly won't be Oregon's first call after he went 46–7 with the Ducks over four seasons from 2009–2012.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/11/29/oregon-ducks-coaching-candidates

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

If he just gets up and leaves... is any HC candidate going to want to come here after the Harbaugh drama, one year firing of Tomsula after a 5-11 season, and now Chip Kelly exiting on his own after a year?

This makes us look really really bad? Ummmm... where have you been?
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

This makes us look really really bad? Ummmm... where have you been?

It would make us look even WORSE on top of how we already look.

Better?
I sure hope so. I'll help him pack.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
Don't expect Kelly to take the job. Despite the 49ers' miserable 1–10 season, he's settled in there and committed to turning things around. But don't be naïve to think that Kelly won't be Oregon's first call after he went 46–7 with the Ducks over four seasons from 2009–2012.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/11/29/oregon-ducks-coaching-candidates

If Oregon offers him and Chip Kelly turns it down, then not only is he a crappy NFL head coach, he is brain-dead as well.
Leave Jed and Baalke? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Share 49ersWebzone