There are 192 users in the forums

If the 49ers were to draft/sign a QB in the offseason. Who would develop him?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kense:
There is no point at all in drafting a QB higher than round 3. They need to build the Defense first. There are no QB's coming out in the draft that are impressive.

this times a mil!!!! Need to build this D back up and stat!!! we're beyond thin, and this is a good defensive draft to come away with some quality starters after the first 3 rds
Watson is the future! We would be total idiots not to draft him!! How much longer do we have to live in QB poverty. He's the real deal.
Teh lord baalke.
"Nobooooddddy!"
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Youtube
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ayleswbj11:
Watson is the future! We would be total idiots not to draft him!! How much longer do we have to live in QB poverty. He's the real deal.

Watson is so overrated, hope the redskins get him
Originally posted by NCommand:
"Nobooooddddy!"

Who's got it better than us
I'm still pulling for jimmy garoppolo. My dream scenario would be to bring in the Shanahan's. Mike to run the personel and Kyle the coach. If we had Jimmy and them we could draft a Faulk or Kelly later and like Washington did with the Rg3 Cousins draft, have an option. Another possibility with the Shanahan's would be to go after Cousins. Possibly the biggest poison pill contract ever with all our cap room to steal Kirk Cousins.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I thought the Qb was Chip's specialty?
Originally posted by fly15:

He's far from overrated, he is an absolute star in the making. He's a leader, he's only getting better in the pocket. His ceiling is off the charts. He an Kizer are goin to be special. Gonna take a bit longer considering Baalke has this team talent down in the cellar with the likes of a D3 college team. Watson is someone you can build around.

Originally posted by Kense:
There is no point at all in drafting a QB higher than round 3. They need to build the Defense first. There are no QB's coming out in the draft that are impressive.

disagree...I see talent with Mitch, Watson, Falk, Mahomes all would be the best QBs on this roster day one. I actually think Chip's offense is very QB friendly vs say a more complex scheme in NE or Houston.

I'm fine with taking a QB early because at some point we have to get a QB because this a a QB driven league and it's not changing...we've been drafting defense early for yrs and what do we have to show for it? Getting a QB that can score points and run Chip's offense the way it should be run will make the defense that much better it goes full circle.

We can't just assume that we will be in position every yr to draft the top QB in every draft, so IMO we need to take one in the top 2 rds OR trade for Jimmy G.
Lord Thaddeus Lewis will impart to him his wisdom.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I thought the Qb was Chip's specialty?

I mean he's getting more out of Kap then everyone thought lol. IF The D didn't give up 31 pts per game we'd have a chance at a couple more wins Putting someone like Watson or Mitch in this offense would great improve the offense and running game IMO.

I still would take Myles over anyone and go the Jimmy G trade route, but not taking care of the QB spot this off season would be a HUGE mistake and another lost yr.
Originally posted by fly15:

why would they draft Watson that makes zero sense. I think he could run Chip's offense very very well. Completing 67% of his passes and is on pace for 4,000 yards and 30 TDs again.
Dak Prescott shows that you really don't need a first round pick. You can put any QB behind a good offensive line and give him a good running game to lean on and he'll develop nicely.

All QBs should ideally be curated in the same situation where they are game managers for the first couple of seasons, then they progress from there.

I say resign Kap and draft a QB in round 3 and let him develop behind Kap.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Nov 23, 2016 at 7:48 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone