There are 235 users in the forums

What do you think will happen?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do you think will happen?

Originally posted by 5Jan2003:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I've posted this before, but here goes again. There is/was some kind of agreement between the York's and Baalke that he would stay on as long as it took for Jed to learn the ropes of becoming an NFL Owner. I don't think there is even any marker that Baalke has to achieve re: W/Ls. I think he is here basically as the guy, the adult in the room to stay and work with Jed, no matter how many yrs(ok decades) it takes. If he happens to put a good team together, hey, so much the better. But I still do not think that is why Baalke is here. Basically he is here to be the Jedi master for , errr...Jed.

Seriously, does anything else make sense?

This would be a good theory if not for Baalke being a scout with 0 track record of running an NFL team.
If it were a big name older guy like Shannahan or holmgren then the hand holding pledge seems plausible.
Either way this tryst shouldn't be allowed to go on past january.

5jan, I'm not so sure Baalke was hired to help Jed just learn to be a NFL owner...I think a good part of baalke's job was to teach Jed how to be a man...as well as an owner . I don't think it is as simple a relationship as it seems. I still think Trent was hired for a lot more than to just help Jed run and manage a football team.
If we lose in Miami next Sunday, it will be our longest losing streak in franchise HISTORY. EVER. In seventy YEARS.

They will HAVE to change something. Period. Whether it's Baalke or something else. Kelly will probably get a pass because he's only had one year and they're still paying Tomsula.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
If we lose in Miami next Sunday, it will be our longest losing streak in franchise HISTORY. EVER. In seventy YEARS.

They will HAVE to change something. Period. Whether it's Baalke or something else. Kelly will probably get a pass because he's only had one year and they're still paying Tomsula.

Oh we will lose in Miami. Don't get your hopes up at all. This is the worst 49er team in history. Thanks a lot Jed.
Why do the Yorks "have" to? They've got the Faithful's money for the next ten years. They could care less.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Why do the Yorks "have" to? They've got the Faithful's money for the next ten years. They could care less.

Meh. You're right.

I mean their reputation is completely down the toilet, as are the merchandise sales. But you have a point with this one. I wouldn't care less if I were in their position.

I mean, I'd actually care about the team and want to do something, as would all of us. But they're not us. So you're right.
Nothing will change. We will be asked to "trust the process", a la Sixers. Don't be surprised to see some more scapegoating of Kaepernick as a distraction when he inevitably voids his deal.

We will then waste our #2 pick on a QB for yet more distraction, before Baalke goes on his bizarre drafting spree of ACL veterans, kickers and twelve different DB picks. We will not draft an ILB. First WR drafted will be in the 4th (unless he is an ACL grad, in which case the 3rd).
If anyone thinks Chip Kelly will get fired they do not understand how Jed york works. All he cares about is the bottom line.

On hook for Jim Tomosula for 2 more years, if they fire Chip they will owe his salary for 3 more years.

Jed speaking to Trent, " If I wanted to pay a coach that much money i would have just gave harbaugh the raised he asked for and sort of deserved
Lol nothing
Quest for 123rd and beyond into uncharted territory
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Nothing. I think York rolls with Baalke and Chip for another season. Maybe we'll get a new DC, but that's about it.

ive got to say that JoN has improved in his playcalling. Keeping the patriots to 30 while your offense is doing 3 n outs consecutively, in addition to a depleted roster, is pretty good. Defense also played well against the cardinals. Lets see how JoN performs for the rest of the season but if has the defense playing like the last 2 games, i think he deserves to keep his job

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

If we lose to Miami. Jay Ajayi will have the single game rushing record after the game. Unless they pull him in the 3rd.
We will fire the assistant defensive line coach. That is all
  • Kense
  • Veteran
Baalke and York get another year together, along with Chip.
[ Edited by Kense on Nov 21, 2016 at 9:33 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Originally posted by NCommand:
No change. Stay the course. Nolan style.

Ding ding winner

Agree for a couple of reasons...some very reasonable. The team is set to make moves this off season with cap space and high draft pick draft status. Bringing in a new GM to utilize these would be very iffy unless he's a guy already doing draft prep and FA evaluation for another team.

How deep do you go with a restructuring? If they fire Baalke would they also fire Gamble and Kelly? Not likely. So the status quo is most likely. When Eddie D took over the team it was in decent to good shape with Monte Clark as the HC. Eddie hired Joe Thomas, who cleaned house by firing Clark and making some really sad trades, hampering the draft for years to come. Two years of blech and he was smart enough to fire Thomas and hire Walsh.

Right now the niners are in the opposite situation. They have lost all their elite players and are casting about for a coach who can become the next face of the organization...which Jed and Trent can't be. Kelly isn't exactly warm and fuzzy but he is impressive in his own way when describing football...just isn't a very personable character.

If there is one thing that could help the niners the most it would be someone who could inspire. Is Kelly that guy? Don't see it but he's the best bet of the group. Baalke? No. Gamble? No. Jed? LOL!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if LSU comes calling, Chipper will be a Tiger !!

Especially if Baalke stays..
Share 49ersWebzone