LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

What do you think will happen?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What do you think will happen?

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Call your shot. What do you think WILL happen NOT what do you want to happen?

All along I've thought Baalke was out especially if the team goes 1-15 but the media at least some reports think he survives.

There are some reports out there that still believe Chip is gonna bail after the season.

There are some that believe he will return with control of the 53 man roster and those are the scariest reports of them all.
I want Baalke gone but I feel like York is so patient with him for some reason that we're going to be stuck with him for awhile.

Literally makes no sense. He's been our GM longer than any other GM in the York era (~6 years now) yet we can't keep a HC longer than four seasons. It's unbelievable. How is this even remotely okay?
I think Chip will stay, Baalke will be fired, and Gamble will be promoted to take his place.
Nothing. I think York rolls with Baalke and Chip for another season. Maybe we'll get a new DC, but that's about it.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I think Chip will stay, Baalke will be fired, and Gamble will be promoted to take his place.

No change. Stay the course. Nolan style.
Baalke stays Jed likes having a fall guy. Chip gets another year before he returns a college desparate for wins.
Paralysis by analysis is the state of over-analyzing (or over-thinking) a situation so that a decision or action is never taken, in effect paralyzing the outcome. Jed will get a headache from thinking so much and mommy will tell him "not to think of those bad hombres anymore".
Originally posted by NCommand:
No change. Stay the course. Nolan style.

Ding ding winner
Nothing! Baalke drafts Peppers and tries to convert him into a LB. It take 3 years before the team realizes the mistake. Rds 2, 3, and 4 are busts. Rd 5 is a stud, but they only play him on special teams.

They spend most of the cap on resigning their own mediocre FA. The only outside FA they sign are castoffs from Cleveland.

Armstead is slow to recover and is put on IR to start the season.

Bowman comes back on one leg, but can still outrun Bethea and Bellore.

Ticket prices go up.

Jed replaces his silver spoon with a platinum one.

Nothing at all
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I think it starts with Kelly.

If Kelly opts to go back to college, then I see York cleaning house. He'll get rid of Baalke and Gamble and start fresh.

If Kelly is committed but wants to build the team his way, then Baalke is fired and turns the keys over to Gamble and Kelly.

If Kelly stays and remains loyal to Baalke, then Baalke will have his last contractual year to prove he can rebuild the roster.

Sadly, I'm hoping its the first one. Kelly has proven he can establish a somewhat functional offense, but if he can't get good coaches on the defensive side of the ball, then what's the f'in point. No to O'Neil, no to Billy Davis, no to Jason Tarver...Mike Nolan? Greg Manusky?
I don't think the chip era will see a winning season , this to me like the Nolan era right now, so next head coach or one after will be the winning one
SFA.
Yorks will continue to own the team and we will continue to lose.......
Share 49ersWebzone