LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

49ers vs Alabama

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Bama would blow the 9ers out of the water easy, is not even close.
Alabama 35
49ers 21
Alabama's QB, Hurt, wouldn't have a clue.
49ers might not even be able to beat the Ottawa Redblacks, even with NFL rules.
You ready for this? I have the proper answer to this thread.

The only way for this to be a worthy game is for the college team to have full NFL coaching staff preparation for two weeks, and then in game while the 49ers are just players only for that same amount of time and in game.

Then and only then could this even be a battle. It might actually be a battle because coaching is so significant as we know in this sport of ours.

Still think that won't be enough but it would be something I think.
  • Jiks
This is an insult to Alabama. This has to be in jest. Now 49ers vs Wyoming would depend on the weather.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

The only way for this to be a worthy game is for the college team to have full NFL coaching staff preparation for two weeks, and then in game while the 49ers are just players only for that same amount of time and in game.

Then and only then could this even be a battle. It might actually be a battle because coaching is so significant as we know in this sport of ours.

We don't even have a full NFL coaching staff. Chip would find a way to loose this game.
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:

We don't even have a full NFL coaching staff. Chip would find a way to loose this game.

Did you read my post?

Chip ain't coaching.
People say this every year, and it's the most ret**ded premise in all of sports posting (if people are actually serious about it).

The Niners would beat Alabama 150 to zero.

Look at what happens to an NFL team when they have 3 or 4 positions that really suck; Alabama would have like 16 starting positions who would get manhandled like little girls by NFL players (especially their QB).
This can't be even close to serious. You could combine collegiate all stars, the best at all of their positions and give them weeks to prepare and they still would not get close to winning.

Originally posted by NinerSickness:
People say this every year, and it's the most ret**ded premise in all of sports posting (if people are actually serious about it).

Look at what happens to an NFL team when they have 3 or 4 positions that really suck; Alabama would have like 16 starting positions who would get manhandled like little girls by NFL players (especially their QB).

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
This can't be even close to serious. You could combine collegiate all stars, the best at all of their positions and give them weeks to prepare and they still would not get close to winning.

This.

Don't know how this is even a serious thought with fans when the Niners have been in a lot of tight games with NFL teams this season.

Like Kap would probably have 250+ yards rushing without breaking a sweat. I'd imagine you could have your choice of either 600 yards passing or 500 rushing.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

Soon as an NFL coach found a weak spot he would exploit it and if it was a physical one there would be no fix for the college coach. That and college kids would be late to the party trying to adjust to NFL game speed. I could see NFL defensive backs playing loose coverage to bait the college QB into throwing picks. The NFL team would dominate equally on both sides of the ball. It would be just as bad as if Alabama played a top High School team. Male physical peak as per most experts is said to occur in the late 20's, college players are in their late teens or early 20's.
[ Edited by BobS on Dec 7, 2016 at 6:46 AM ]

thank you for saying this, I'm also sick of this thread.

Yep, this question is just silly.

First of all, think of how young some of the underclassmen on college teams are. Think about those transformation pictures you see of players from when they were in high school/college compared to when they but on weight in the pros. Like, for example, to use another sport for reference... look at LeBron James when he first came into the league [http://i.imgur.com/RPXFPuD.jpg] compared to now [http://i.imgur.com/QnCXFnv.png]. He looks like a baby. Physically, he's not even close to as strong or developed in the first picture.

The trenches would be utterly dominated by the NFL team. In fact, every physical aspect of the game would go that way. The college team's offensive line would be porous. They wouldn't generate a pass rush. Their receivers would be stifled/jammed at the LOS. This isn't touching on how raw/unrefined their technique is compared to players in the pros; think about how many athletic freaks dominate in college but then completely bomb in the pros because they never develop or learn how to properly play football.

All that said, it really boils down to this simple, basic point: every NFL team is comprised of 53 players that were good enough to drafted (or UDFA that beat out drafted players). For even the most dominant college teams, only a small fraction of those will ever be good enough to play in the NFL. That tells you all you need to know. It would not even be close.
Can someone put together a list of people who think bama can beat the 49ers? We should be able to filter these people out the forum.
Share 49ersWebzone