There are 151 users in the forums

49ers vs Alabama

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know that a college team wouldn't beat an NFL team. But, what do you think the point spread in Vegas if the niners traveled to Tuscaloosa to play Bama this week ? Do you think bama could give the niners a game?
[ Edited by TruNinerFan on Nov 15, 2016 at 5:08 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Oh come on
I'm only bringing it up, because i have seen many times this season where people are saying we couldn't beat bama and they are serious
The spread would be huge, we are bad, but we aren't that bad. We would shut them out and score on every possession within 2-5 plays. Even if we are the worst team in the league, there is still no comparison.
Originally posted by LondonNiner:
The spread would be huge, we are bad, but we aren't that bad. We would shut them out and score on every possession within 2-5 plays. Even if we are the worst team in the league, there is still no comparison.

This, if anyone is serious they are delusional. Even scrubs in the NFL can burn depth players in college.
This wouldn't even be a game. These guys in the NFL are more technique sound. Bigger. Stronger. Faster. Smarter. Even on the bad NFL teams in comparison to college teams. That game would be treading on a mercy call shutdown by halftime.
It wouldn't be safe for the college players. The speed and power at which NFL players play is on a whole different level; that's why college concepts like the option play don't work in the pros.
Lolz. Alabama would whoop dat ass.
College All Stars beat super Bowl champs back in the day

S.F. -23
Blowout. Alabama has about 20 NFL caliber players on their team right now, at best. The 49ers have 53 NFL caliber players on their team. Alabama would get destroyed and I'd feel bad for them for the first time in a long time

I wonder how a great College team would do against a CFL team?

Take Alabama, with the 20 NFL caliber players against a CFL team that maybe has a couple guys who just didn't get a break to make the NFL and the rest of the squad was deemed not good enough, BUT they are still older, bigger, and professionals. I wouldn't mind seeing that competition.

Impossible for many reasons including the different rules and field sizes, but might be very competitive.
Saban would have to throw in the towel by halftime
no the Niners would win. but roll damn tide! the Tide are damn good though.

• fip24
  • Veteran
49ers -34.5
As I mentioned on another post, the Niners would kill any college team. However, if I was the GM of the Niners, I would trade the current roster for the Tide roster in a heartbeat.
The TIDE will have 5 1st rd picks and 2 or 3 2nd rd picks in this years draft. Not to mention all of the 5 star underclassmen who will become 1st rd picks in future drafts.
Much better core group to build a team around, and that is very, very sad.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i honestly think Alabama would win. Their defense is better.
Share 49ersWebzone