LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at ARIZONA CARDINALS - 2016 Week 10

Shop Find 49ers gear online
DeFo had a solid game already looks like a better player than AA was his rookie season. He doesnt give up on plays like AA does
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Kap looked decent with run defense looking real good. Good moral victory, didn't lose any ground in draft pick.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by JP3ThaHNIC:
Not sure why they don't play Skov and Dante Johnson more

I so wish Robinson was healthy today. That would have been some invaluable experience plus he'd be a much better matchup with his press skills, height and length.

As to Bellore and not Skov or Brock for Johnson? That's on coaches...their call. I'll never get it...

Edit: * Shayne Skov entered the game at inside linebacker in the third quarter when he played next to Michael Wilhoite. The former Stanford standout hadn't played any defensive snaps prior to Sunday.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article114531468.html#storylink=cpy

NCommand, this is where I would like to see major league overhaul in drafting, whether it be by Baalke or otherwise. Here we have a really decent talent on the bench, and we don't know how he will do. If Robinson was healthy to begin with, that is one thing. If he got injured once here that is another. We can't do anything about guys getting injured here, but we sure can about drafting guys who have an injury, or have a hx of injury. It obviously doesn't work for us, and yet we continue to draft guys with lots of talent who fell to lower positions on the draft board...and BINGO, we take them as a potential good deal. How many guys have ended up that way? Maybe not a lot, but surely enough. The problem then becomes one of a false sense of security at that position, because we have so and so sitting on the bench, but when he gets better, we got that position covered.

I think that attitude screws up our thinking of what exactly we have re: talent...ie, do we have that cover corner position taken care of , or DO WE NEED to get a cover corner. I sometimes wonder if some of that thinking is one of the reasons why we find ourselves so bereft of talent....had we been thinking we had that position covered...when really we didn't; We just had a guy who could play that position, but couldn't because he was injured...and in a couple cases, those guys NEVER played for us. More likely if and when they did play, they were not as good as before they had been injured. This isn't the ONLY reason we have such a sad looking roster, but it certainly is one of them. Your comment on Robinson reminded me of the overall problem.
Share 49ersWebzone