LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Would you trade Hyde this offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Hyde this offseason?

No that's an easy answer
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 15, 2016 at 8:57 AM ]
Carlos Hyde was overdrafted but now we have to keep him. There has been so many better values for drafting running backs but Baalke doesn't understand that. He drafted Hyde high in the second round in a draft loaded with running backs. He is one of our better players but he should be just like how baalke drafted Reid when we could have drafted Tony jefferson way later. Please fire Baalke now.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Carlos Hyde was overdrafted but now we have to keep him. There has been so many better values for drafting running backs but Baalke doesn't understand that. He drafted Hyde high in the second round in a draft loaded with running backs. He is one of our better players but he should be just like how baalke drafted Reid when we could have drafted Tony jefferson way later. Please fire Baalke now.

Lol. Hyde was taken 57th overall, more so the end of the second round.
Hyde is overrated. He's only played in 28 games in his career, so there are questions about his durability. Even when he's on the field though, there are still concerns. He's down to 3.9 yards per carry on his career. He occasionally shows flashes of brilliance, but also has poor vision and simply dances too much. I love his agility, especially for a guy his size, but I just don't think he's that good of a back.

Every year we here about how he's going to break out, but he just seems like an extremely mediocre player.
Let's get some real weapons and a QB to open up things for him first(not to mention OL that can create alleys) before we get too deep in this IMO. His trade value is not gonna be worth while to move on, plain and simple.
Why are we so quick to give up young talent? No reason to trade Hyde. He may not be a premier back but him plus another solid back would be good. We need all of the talent we can get at this point and giving young talent away for an unknown mid to late round pick is ridiculous
  • Dino
  • Veteran
For a bag of chips
Woulda been a great #2 behind Gore
You all know we could actually acquire a RB and ZWR in the draft to push Hyde/Harris and Torrey, right? We actually don't have to get rid of them...
Of course not! Hyde is a talented back who has under-performed this season (although D.Murray's performance in Tennessee this season brings into question Kelly's system) and comes with some injury history so I'm not sure people are going to be offering value back to the 49ers for him anyways. Considering his current market value, abilities and contract number, I think it would be foolish to trade him. He's a good young back under contract.

Do the 49ers need to bolster the RB position because of his injury history? Absolutely.

Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Why are we so quick to give up young talent? No reason to trade Hyde. He may not be a premier back but him plus another solid back would be good. We need all of the talent we can get at this point and giving young talent away for an unknown mid to late round pick is ridiculous

Because people love instant gratification in here...he's tied with McCoy and ajayi in TDs with 6, shoot I remember this time last yr everyone was pissed we didn't go after gurley lol how's that looking? OL play and qb play make a difference for a RB.

http://ninerfans.com/49ers-vs-cardinals-game-grades-for-carlos-hyde-and-dujuan-harris/
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 17, 2016 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Dino:
For a bag of chips

Compliment Hyde with McCaffrey and WIN.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Compliment Hyde with McCaffrey and WIN.

If we came out of the first round of the draft this year with Garrett, and somehow traded back in to grab McCaffrey. I'd be elated. I'm not counting on this scenario but it'd be awesome speaking on it hypothetically.

McCaffrey gives you a special teams threat, and a back with great hands out of the backfield. The irony of it all is that I read Shaw personally called Chip last year to help him devise a way to maximize McCaffrey's potential in Stanford's offense. In a round about way, Chip has some stock in the player that McCaffrey has developed into.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Nov 17, 2016 at 4:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

This. Seems like whatever solid players we have, people wanna trade. People are already upset that we're in the midst of another rebuild. Why do we need to extend it even longer? It's crazy because I see people mentioning that Hyde dances too much but so many people used to complain that he hit the hole too fast and ran into the back of his lineman'. I think his dancing issue is more of him trying to do too much on a bad team. There aren't too many other options around him to take the pressure off.
Share 49ersWebzone