There are 221 users in the forums

Would you trade Hyde this offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Hyde this offseason?

He's too injury prone to get significant value for him. If we draft Fournette, Hyde would be a fantastic #2 RB, having the injury concerns reduced due to the reduction in touches.
My feeling is that, rb have short shelf life as it is to be spending time waiting for him to produce like we've all hoped he would coming out of college.

I like him when he's out there, don't get me wrong, but I would rather trade him now while we can get something for him. His running style, plus the fact the he gets hurt easily, will make his shelf life even shorter.
Originally posted by Draftology:
He's too injury prone to get significant value for him. If we draft Fournette, Hyde would be a fantastic #2 RB, having the injury concerns reduced due to the reduction in touches.

this should alrady be the plan. yet baalke probly has no clue
No, only because you're not going to get anything good back for him. You'd be lucky to get a 4th with his history of injuries and the way the league drafts RB's now.
//
No

Originally posted by SofaKing:
No, he's still under contract for cheap and is worth more to us right now than what he would fetch in a trade.

Exactly if for some weird reason someone threw a kings ransom for him obviously you think about it. But it ain't happening
A better option is to acquire another stud RB...my choice is Brian Hill, a beastly RB from Wyoming. He's 6-1, 220 and runs with consistent authority. He's the 3rd ranked RB in the nation in avg yds per game (144 +) and will easily top 3,000 yds in 2+ years. I'd also expect to see Kelvin Taylor promoted after spending a year on the PS. He'll no doubt have picked up some muscle that'll serve him well...there's no doubt in my mind about his abilities. A considerably stronger RB corps will lessen the load/hits on Hyde and hopefully prolong his career.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
No

• Jasta
  • Veteran
No we have too positions of need to make running back another one of them.
Not is we have to toss in his crutches! Those things are really nice, a little well worn, but man, that and his walking cast, have some real value! No one would give anything for Hyde, he is a back up in the starters role. In short spells, he is fine, but clearly not a Bell Cow, o even a quality starter.

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
A better option is to acquire another stud RB...my choice is Brian Hill, a beastly RB from Wyoming. He's 6-1, 220 and runs with consistent authority. He's the 3rd ranked RB in the nation in avg yds per game (144 +) and will easily top 3,000 yds in 2+ years. I'd also expect to see Kelvin Taylor promoted after spending a year on the PS. He'll no doubt have picked up some muscle that'll serve him well...there's no doubt in my mind about his abilities. A considerably stronger RB corps will lessen the load/hits on Hyde and hopefully prolong his career.

Like were you're going, but Taylor...he's a Ballkie pick, and well, those don't seem to be very good. I would defiantly take a back if one fell to us, and was good value. Hyde will make a nice back up.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Sure, why not

How about for one box of Animal Crackers and throw in a bag of Cracker Jacks
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Like were you're going, but Taylor...he's a Ballkie pick, and well, those don't seem to be very good. I would defiantly take a back if one fell to us, and was good value. Hyde will make a nice back up.

I have no doubt in my mind we'll grab another RB in either FA or draft if not both.

Are you sure Taylor was a Baalke pick?
If the price was good, why not? I am sure someone will see value in him and you can find RBs anywhere in the drafft...
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
I find him overrated.....as a starter for 16 games.... but I would keep him(cheap and not alot of options in free agency besides Blount) as long as we signed or drafted another running back who was able to start and mix them both up.Hyde and Dujuan Harris is a nice mix right now.

I have a feeling KC might depart ways with Charles if Spencer Ware keeps putting up numbers which would be interesting.They don't have the cap space for Berry and Poe to be resigned.
Share 49ersWebzone