LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

Would you trade Hyde this offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you trade Hyde this offseason?

Question is pretty straight forward.

He is has plenty of potential, but is always hurt.

Edit - What would be your asking price? I say atleast a 3rd.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Nov 10, 2016 at 10:53 AM ]
no hel be a great #2 RB
yes, he can't seem to stay healthy enough to contribute for a whole season.
On the fence. I've seen flashes absolutely... not a stud, but definitely seen flashes of halfway decent gameplay. I kinda like the idea of the 1,2 punch with him and Harris....the question would be what do we get out of it?
Yup, for a guarantee that Baalke would be fired in exchange
No, he's still under contract for cheap and is worth more to us right now than what he would fetch in a trade.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
No, he's still under contract for cheap and is worth more to us right now than what he would fetch in a trade.

Good point. No need to waste money on someone who may be a downgrade, plus we already know what we have with Hyde for the most part.
WTH no! You wont get much for him. He still has one more year so lets pick up another good RB and go for a good duo. If Hyde gets hurt, we still have the other RB to be the workhorse.
  • titan
  • Veteran
He is a serviceable player for the money we are paying him he is a good security, but a competition needs to happen. He looks complacent and I don't ever want him to feel that way. Not just with him all of our players need a healthy competition to elevate their game.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Trade him don't trade him who cares we suck either way.

Lol baalke is relying on him to say he can draft on offense. He aint going anywhere
No not at all, yes he gets injury but hes young, and very talented..if not for the injury he would've finished top 7 in rushing..you don't trade players like him bc of injuries..and with this draft class coming up hopefully the niners draft a RB where Hyde doesn't have to take so many carries, I do like Harris and his play so maybe a healthy Hyde and Harris will be great together but I'm still down to take a RB 4th of later who in a regular draft class would be a 3rd round pick..
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
After what he's shown this season.....ABSOLUTELY!!!!

For one, I don't believe this is the right system for him, I think he's better off in I-Formation or Split backs following a Fullback. Add that to the fact that this guy just CANNOT stay healthy.

Both he and Mike Davis need a change of scenery.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
El Guapo No
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Nah I think Hyde is just fine, definitely injury prone but him with another quick/slashing type rb would be a formidable 1-2 punch.
Share 49ersWebzone