There are 144 users in the forums

49ers Week 9 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by 951NINER:
Not much meat on those thoughts Marvin. I know kinda hard to care..

It's not that I don't care. I care a lot...

...whats hard is having a thought that I haven't had in the previous 6 games. Nothing has changed. It's like Groundhogs Day.

Then let's look to the future. Do you think we're in the market for a QB next year and if so do we go via draft or FA? I agree Chip isn't going anywhere

I think the Niners are ABSOLUTELY in QB market next year AND will draft one. When tho is key. If they end up at #1 or if Garrett falls to #2 can they really pass on him?

Probably not. Teaming up Garrett with what they have (and some FA ILBs and maybe a DT) is appealing. Reaching seldom works for QBs.

I really like Deshaun Watson and I think he'd be a really good fit for Chip, but dunno if they'd want to take him that high with so many other needs. I pretty much can't stand any of the other QB prospects that have a chance to go round one.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 7, 2016 at 12:31 PM ]
Good to read again. I was wondering if you couldn't take rewatching any more games.

Is it just me or do Bethea and Reed look to be playing not to get hurt at this point? Either that or Oneal tells them to be out of position and lackadaisical out there.
Team really misses a Sopoaga type on the line to swallow up linemen
There is so much wrong that it's hard to pick out the truly worst infractions. Don't know if it's the players surrendering or coaching flat out sucks.
When you're getting beat handily by the worst of the league, it must be a lot of both.
Think it needs blown up and started anew
Best part of yesterdays game was the DB's mugging the WRs to save 4 points
Patton and McDonald, Harris were the lone bright spots otherwise.
Like to see more Streater as WR, less Tory Smith till he's healed
Wonder if the league would give us "expansion team special consideration" considering moving to Santa Clara and the awful state of the team?
I thought Dorsey looked good yesterday. That's all I got.
  • thl408
Let Tartt play and get some experience. He came in, lined up like a CB on BCooks, broke up a pass, then was taken out of the game. I'd like to see more Tartt to see if he can play as a traditional safety. Get Bethea out of the lineup.

Harris should have been the 2nd RB all along. He is a nice change up to Hyde.

7 straight 100+ yard rushers. NO came into the game with 0 rushes of 20+ yards. Got 2 yesterday.

CLE needs to win a damn game.
Lost season, FAIL at every coaching position, FAIL at GM, FAIL at owner. That is pretty much FAIL across the board. D is for DEMORALIZED, and O is for Owful. There are currently no working parts on this team. How in the world did this happen? GM and owner first prize for FAIL. Coaches under them all fail. Talent.,..FAIL.
Where in the world does one start when you end up like this?
Originally posted by thl408:
Let Tartt play and get some experience. He came in, lined up like a CB on BCooks, broke up a pass, then was taken out of the game. I'd like to see more Tartt to see if he can play as a traditional safety. Get Bethea out of the lineup.

Cromartie or Tartt could've at least touched Ingram on that 75 yarder.
  • thl408
Originally posted by zonkers:

For real. Bethea looked like he had cement shoes on.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

7 straight 100+ yard rushers. NO came into the game with 0 rushes of 20+ yards. Got 2 yesterday.

Apparently he played 29% of the snaps Sunday. Didn't make a difference.

Ward would've taken his legs right out.
Originally posted by susweel:
Why would anybody rewatch that garbage.

I couldn't watch it the first time..
I consider myself a Niner faithful, diehard and even through past brutal years I would watch from start to finish, read countless post and articles but this is just a nightmare..I rarely visit the zone.

[Good job Marvin on the breakdown,

• thl408
Originally posted by jcs:

Ah, damn it. The defense is playing so bad collectively as a unit that if one player (Tartt) was playing well, we wouldn't notice it. Well at least I have something to watch if I re-watch the game. I don't recall any catches made over him so that's kind of a good sign.
Ah, damn it. The defense is playing so bad collectively as a unit that if one player (Tartt) was playing well, we wouldn't notice it. Well at least I have something to watch if I re-watch the game. I don't recall any catches made over him so that's kind of a good sign.

All I saw was Bethea getting run past. Tartt needs to start if anything to show if he fits into the future.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
All I saw was Bethea getting run past. Tartt needs to start if anything to show if he fits into the future.

We're 1-7, time to bench all of the veterans we are not expecting to be here next year and play their backups if they are young drafted or talented players. Time to make position changes like Ward to safety if that was the long term goal and lets see how they develop. This season is already lost and as a fan I want to see this team do something more than just get blown out week after week without any promise to the future.
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Ward would've taken his legs right out.

Bethea at the end of his career on the biggest joke of a team he's ever been on. He probably see's no reason to collide with a guy that just burst through the line untouched.

Just sit him and let him retire.
Originally posted by jcs:

It seems to me like a third of the time Tartt is in he blitzes. I coulda swore last week I saw Tartt lined up over the outside shoulder of the LT almost like an OLB. It was Brooks, TJE, Buckner, and Tartt. 4 man rush straight up. Anyway, I agree Bethea needs to sit. I can't remember the last time I thought "Oh hey that was a nice play by Bethea." But I can count a ton of times when I'm screaming at Bethea saying "wtf are you doing?!?"
Share 49ersWebzone