LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

49ers Week 9 2016 - Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First off I have to apologize to anyone who actually cares if I post this every week for not posting last week. Rough week at work highlighted by the knowledge that my company has been acquired. Yay.

Anyway...

1) Kap: Some good throws, some bad throws. Bad reads and good reads. This will be his last year in SF. I think that was all but a forgone conclusion before Sunday but this pretty much cinched it for me. His numbers look pretty and he did make some good quick throws that turned into big gainers...but I don't think he's the guy. Again...not exactly an earth shattering revelation.

I think all he's doing is trying to look good to the rest of the league because he already knows the writing is on the wall.

2) McDonald: Maddening. The dude has so much athletic ability and should be a dominating player...but those hands drive me nuts. He needs to spend like 4 hours a day every day on the jugs machine. Speed, Size, Athletic ability....all there.

3) Harris: Carving himself a future in SF as a backup. I don't think Hyde will ever be a 16 game per season back and having serviceable players behind him is a must. Mike Davis has been disappointing.

4) Armstead: Shut him down. 1-7. No reason for him to risk greater injury.

5) O'Neal: Yeah. Done with him.

6) Baalke: I don't hate Baalke but as I said a few weeks ago, its time for him to go. They need another GM tho. No Kelly taking over the team. GOD no. That leads me to...

7) Kelly: 49ers are kinda stuck now. They really can't afford to fire Kelly and then pay Tomsula, Kelly, AND the new guy. If they don't like Kelly they need to hope Oregon comes calling. I have serious doubts right now with Kelly. He's better than Tomsula (not saying much) but I'm just not confident that his system is going to lead to wins in big numbers. He pops one here or there for big gainers when he catches the defense unaware, but against a disciplined defense, he will never IMO be prolific. Disciplined defenses don't make the mistakes Kellys O seems to rely on.

Just my opinion tho...I'm sure other will agree or disagree.

8) Buckner: I'm not calling him a bust, but I am disappointed in what I've seen so far. He just seems invisible out there and when I do see him he's making a move to the outside of an offensive lineman and the RB cuts right inside and past him untouched. Dunno how much of that is scheme as I don't know what they are asking of him, but he was the guy I really wanted in the draft and so far there hasn't been a lot to be excited about.

9) Draft: Damnit Browns, will ya just win a game or 2? :D

10) Half: Halfway there till this nightmare of a season is over and we can at least begin the process of possible hopefulness again.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 7, 2016 at 11:52 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
in short,

Marvin here agrees to every thing I have said prior to the season..

Kelly also, will be heading to USC or LSU..

and our new GM will bring in .. either..

PJ FLECK or KEVIN SUMLIN..

Sumlin to draft - that's G - A - double R - E - double T
Good read as always...

Season is toast
Not much meat on those thoughts Marvin. I know kinda hard to care..
Good points, shocked you didn't mention Patton? He had a career game.
Originally posted by 951NINER:

It's not that I don't care. I care a lot...

...whats hard is having a thought that I haven't had in the previous 6 games. Nothing has changed. It's like Groundhogs Day.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 7, 2016 at 11:54 AM ]
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Good points, shocked you didn't mention Patton? He had a career game.

He did, but I don't think he's a big part of their future.

Cant stare at a loose turd for long and not come out damage in some way
Originally posted by Marvin49:

7) Kelly: 49ers are kinda stuck now. They really can't afford to fire Kelly and then pay Tomsula, Kelly, AND the new guy. If they don't like Kelly they need to hope Oregon comes calling. I have serious doubts right now with Kelly. He's better than Tomsula (not saying much) but I'm just not confident that his system is going to lead to wins in big numbers. He pops one here or there for big gainers when he catches the defense unaware, but against a disciplined defense, he will never IMO be prolific. Disciplined defenses don't make the mistakes Kellys O seems to rely on.

Just my opinion tho...I'm sure other will agree or disagree.

Maybe it works better when the pace is faster?
But, I don't think the defense or current QBs would hold up at that pace.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Why is no one benched, demoted, fired? I mean, nothing? Not a peep? I think that's weird. I guess it doesn't really matter. But that O'Neil guy. Dude is setting records we don't need. That dude needs TO GO.

Bust

Oh wait wrong thread
Originally posted by Marvin49:

It's not that I don't care. I care a lot...

...whats hard is having a thought that I haven't had in the previous 6 games. Nothing has changed. It's like Groundhogs Day.

Then let's look to the future. Do you think we're in the market for a QB next year and if so do we go via draft or FA? I agree Chip isn't going anywhere
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Why would anybody rewatch that garbage.
I'm really worried that Baalke's gonna remain with this team. To date, he is still going on scouting trips. Our fearless leader, JYork remains silent which seems odd after this thanksgiving rant when we went 8-8. They really need to be accountable after 2 consecutive rebuilding years, with no promise in sight.

I only saw the 1st half and was impressed with our offense. Gameplanning got Kaep to throw to WIDE open players. Saw bits of the 2nd half and from what I saw, the Aints covered the wr's up better. Kaep can only throw to wide open wr's.....such a promising talent who will be likely unemployed in '17.
Kaps stats were mostly YAC yards. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with his accuracy.
Share 49ersWebzone