LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Has the Webzone given up: Gameday threads

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I stopped watching after the 2nd quarter, I just dont care anymore about this year.
Good observation OP - I also stopped caring.

Not much of a need to visit gameday threads. It reminds me of when things turned a corner for me as a 9er fan in 2011. I was actively routing for an eagles player against my 9ers, because surely the 9ers were a fluke. When holy s**t, we stayed in that game and I finally said "f**k my fantasy team, let's go 9ers!"

A lot of typing. My point is, I'm all about my fantasy teams again. They're the only thing keeping me attached to football. Unlike 2011 to 2015, where I watched for 9er football.
I used to post here a lot back in 06-13. I did because it at least seemed like the ownership and team was moderately interested in improving when we were bad (06-10) and maintaining success when we were up (11-13). All of that changed from mid 2014 until now. I no longer even recognize this team. I can't identify/connect with a single player except Staley and Bowman. The culture of winning and wanting to win is gone. It's embarsssing and sad. I would have never thought back in 2011 that in 5 years time the f**king Raiders would be super bowl contenders and we would be back at pre-2005 levels. At least in 05 we KNEW it was a rebuilding year and WE KNEW we were going try and improve.

I seriously doubt Jed and co even care or want to improve. They got their stadium. They got everyone's money. And now they're laughing all the way to the bank and the rest of the NFL is laughing at us.

So yeah...nobody cares anymore.
LOL... I watch all the recent games condensed on GamePass. I'm not going to tune in live for 3 hours of bad / horrific football. 35-40mins is all the time I've got for bad football.
Maybe had a lot of my optimism killed brutally before my eyes on a weekly basis, but I still care. If there were ever a clear cut sign that the players and coaches gave up, then that's when I'd probably stop. I just never hang around game threads myself since chat rooms feel more appropriate.
I'm still on this site EVERY SINGLE DAY.
All the band-wagoners are gone. Ironically, the ones that questioned everyone's fandom for not riding Baalke's broken wagon.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Nov 6, 2016 at 11:17 PM ]
for the first time ever i'm really not interested by watching the niners play. I watched the game for 10 minutes at the end of the first quarter than i switched off when Kap was intercepted. i feel they have absolutely no chance of winning. Against any team. They should finish 1-15. I didnt thought it was possible to be worst than last year. We're probably as good as the Lions who finished 0-16. this should be a house cleaning of epic proportion but it wont. I doubt this joke of jed fires anyone. He allows the standard of this team to be so low. I have no respect for this kid. I think he's willing this to go on because the niners are a profitable organisation. They are making lots of money.
Sad.
I will probably not watched the next few games. I cannot look at this team any more. I care for my niners but this is unwatchable
It is a very sad day when this once mighty franchise is so routinely beaten. It's not good for the NFL. This team has been sent back to the dark ages. I know we are rebuilding but there has been very very little spark to give any kind of hope.
Overhaul from the top down.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
#

• Buchy
  • Veteran
There's little to say and unfortunately what is being said is incredibly negative (which reflects the team's current state) and hence not something I want to participate in.

I dare say come the off-season if Baalke gets sacked and we start looking at FA and the draft that things will pick up a bit. Would also say Jim O'Neil should get sacked as well.
1-7 ..... I don't think we're the ones giving up
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I still watch, but I have to confess, I'm more looking forward to the draft.
There is not much to see with this team lately.......
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
1-7 ..... I don't think we're the ones giving up

In all 7 loses, we got our asses beat.
Share 49ersWebzone