There are 305 users in the forums

PROTEST PLANNED FOR FANS WHO PURCHASED COMMEMORATIVE BRICKS AT LEVI STADIUM

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mapattersa:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
//
Originally posted by Joecool:
Good luck with that. Covering your name on a brick on private property is not a silent protest. It is vandalism.

Wrong. Vandalism involves the deliberate destruction of or damage to property. Removable tape hardly qualifies. Especially since I paid for the brick (yeah, I know, it's their stadium). Or, I guess I could just read the forum and s**t on others' ideas. Yeah, that'll help!
vandalism - Legal Definition. n. Deliberate defacing or destruction of property; ignorant defacing of anything beautiful or treasured, such as a work of art, architecture, or a valued building. Ignorance or malice is usually inferred.

Defacing property or art..those bricks form Art.

Your Idea isn't really well thought out. No one looks at the ground when there's a lot of people walking around. Thats why you are taking some heat.

Points well taken. But if you'd spent the money on a brick you might feel differently. It's a non-destructive form of protest that at least makes a statement - albeit a pretty toothless one. If you did buy one and are still proud of it, great, I support you. Meanwhile, I'm assuming that you're doing something in protest much more profound and likely to have a greater impact. Would love to hear it. But let's read up a little more before we trot out definitions, because the bricks are not art, they are pavement, walked over by thousands of fans (it's called the "Fanwalk" after all), and tape defaces nothing, since deface means to mar, damage or disfigure, and removable tape does none of those. So taping over my name cannot be considered vandalism. I'm sure I made that point earlier, but I'm happy to repeat it. Trust me, if even half of the fans that bought bricks taped over their names, it would get noticed. The point is, we as fans aren't without voices. And sitting around b***hing does bupkis. I'd rather do something than nothing. So I will.
Defacing doesn't have to be destructive as the Legal Def has defacing and destruction. even putting on a opposing jersey on a rival statue is considered defacing and it's hardly destructive.

depending where your brick is, say the 9er Emblem/Logo is art no matter where it is.

The whole idea of not showing up is a terrible idea as no one gets to see the real frustration of the fans. (Out of site out of mind) and just screams of spoiled fans.

You need large groups that can be seen and wear a the message you are trying to get across to others and to the media. The whole shirt thing is a good idea..but the F this F that printed on the shirt is lame and douchey. Need to have a witty or clean message so people can take you serious. The Fly by Banners is also a great idea.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
The best this will achieve is to get Baakle fired or moved somewhere else in the organisation. I think he will still be here at the end of the season though.

Good luck with it.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Best way to force him to make change is to not buy tickets or merchandise. He only cares about money and so does Goodell. Protesting won't really do much as long as he's making money.

Or we hope that that scandal with Santa Clara gets serious enough where they will be forced to sell the team.

Either one will satisfy me

Starving the beast is THE ONLY WAY to bring about they type of change we need.

That s**t sipper York hasn't got a cent of my hard earned money in 3 years and it's gonna continue. No tickets, no shirts, nothing.
All the season ticket holders should go to one game and bring in some dark colored sign of the same color. Right before the game begins they hold up the signs in unison to spell out f**k You Jed in the stands facing the owners box. And then they proceed to walk out before the game starts.

It will be difficult to pull off though.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Protest? Absolutely, but this is way too weak. We need proper protests with massive banners like "Fire Jed York", "Fire Baalke" and "Fire Kelly" in the streets of San Francisco.
So did OP or anyone tape over their brick?
Did anyone notice or join in?

I hope it worked since OP is at least trying something to show his dissatisfaction.
Are there rules against petitions being available and signed at the stadium?
Not that all of the opposing fans would sign, (who's numbers appear to be growing)
#Stupid Saints fans still wearing their Halloween costumes.
Protest by not going to the games....... Don't give your money to Jed York
Originally posted by Sourball:

I hope it worked since OP is at least trying something to show his dissatisfaction.
Not that all of the opposing fans would sign, (who's numbers appear to be growing)

I was there and taped my brick, as promised. It was till there when I left the game. But i didn't see anyone else following suit.....
Originally posted by Sourball:

I was there and taped my brick, as promised. It was till there when I left the game. But i didn't see anyone else following suit.....

At least you tried something.

I feel like Jed pulled the old bait and switch with Harbaugh and the entire team until he got his stadium built.
Screwed Kap and the team over after Kap structured his contract so they could sign their FA's and keep the core of the team together.
Never happened.

Reject coaching staff X 2
But hey, I hear it's a great venue for a concert.
i walked by the bricks at half time but i dont think i saw any tape. did security take it off

Share 49ersWebzone