LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Do you believe Carlos Hyde is our long term solution at running back?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you believe Carlos Hyde is our long term solution at running back?

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
Personally I am not a huge fan of his.He dances around too much for my taste and really is starting to remind me of Kevan Barlow(fakes inside,dances around and tries to run outside losing yards)His injury history really concerns me as well.Thoughts?
i love his style but he is best as a excellent #2 back. he was great behind gore, and would be great behind......fournette.
Yes he is
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's always hurt.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
Personally I am not a huge fan of his.He dances around too much for my taste and really is starting to remind me of Kevan Barlow(fakes inside,dances around and tries to run outside losing yards)His injury history really concerns me as well.Thoughts?

He doesn't dance around at all he's a north and south runner. He runs outside because that's the play call or there are zero lanes.
Originally posted by stefano89:
i love his style but he is best as a excellent #2 back. he was great behind gore, and would be great behind......fournette.

Hell no to drafting a RB in top 5 wayyyyy tooo many other issues to take care of.

And this draft is probably one of the deepest I've ever seen at RB
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He doesn't dance around at all he's a north and south runner. He runs outside because that's the play call or there are zero lanes.

Zero lanes maybe on some runs but I have seen him run inside and then cut back to the outside multiple times a game all season.He is basically trying to do what Leveon Bell does except Bell actually excels at reading lanes and has the best feet and jump cut of any back in the game.Hyde is a north south runner and I wish he would remember that on gamedays
[ Edited by 9er2k on Nov 3, 2016 at 2:59 PM ]

ya, he's no where as bad as Barlow was. they ask him to cut on some of the running plays, and i dont think thats his game.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:

ya, he's no where as bad as Barlow was. they ask him to cut on some of the running plays, and i dont think thats his game.

If that's the case he has horrible instincts lol I have seen multiple plays where if he would have stuck to the lane he would have had a big gain
Zero lanes maybe on some runs but I have seen him run inside and then cut back to the outside multiple times a game all season.He is basically trying to do what Leveon Bell does except Bell actually excels at reading lanes and has the best feet and jump cut of any back in the game.Hyde is a north south runner and I wish he would remember that on gamedays

Bell is patient has a good run blocking OL and a actual offense behind him. He's also the best RB in he league (very versatile) I don't think anyone is thinking Hyde is the best back in the league but he doesn't dance around like you saying at all. He's always get extra yards when there are none to be had...that's part of the reason he gets hurt.

I like him, but he won't be good or around when we are relevant again
He is no Frank Gore but he is a solid starter.
Trade his ass in the off season right now that he still he has value N go get Royce Freeman next yr.

Carlos Barlow is nothing special + dude is always hurt.
Get a true scat back for Kelly, if Davis doesn't show next OTAs he's capable of being lightning to Carlos' thunder, get one. Not worried about the RB position, that's a position not hard to fix. Mike Davis is the key here really. We need someone to allow Hyde to play his game without saying if Carlos is out we're effed.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
No. When he's on the field, he is solid. He is often hurt tho
Share 49ersWebzone