Just Don't Get It Denise

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Debartelo >>> york

#NotEvenClose
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Originally posted by Andra:
Didn't Denise own the Pittsburgh Penguins or something like that.

Yes, but Jed was in diapers and couldn't screw things up.

Is it confirmed that he stopped wearing diapers?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Viperboy:
Originally posted by Andra:
Didn't Denise own the Pittsburgh Penguins or something like that.

Yes, but Jed was in diapers and couldn't screw things up.

Is it confirmed that he stopped wearing diapers?
Depends
She looks like a complete failure compared to her brother. It is clear who the business mind is in the Debartolo family. The Debartolo kids don't even see eye to eye, look at what Eddie D's daughter is saying about cousin Jed!

What sister would steal her brothers prized possession when the opportunity presents itself? Eddie put the team in her hands cause he thought she was the only one he could trust. Boy is she a greedy snake, cut your own brothers stick off and the fan base is supposed to trust you?
  • dj43
Originally posted by Hawaii49er:
Based on past interviews she is known to be frugal. The lack of postseason/preseason free agent signings backs this up. We always try to be optimistic as fans but our trust with ownership/management is wearing thin. Time for another flyover banner, "Lisa Debartelo for Owner, make the 49ers Great Again"
I lay more of the lack of FA signings to the fact no decent veteran wanted to play here than to frugality on the part of Denise. Frankly, I doubt she has anything at all to do with how this team operates. John York was always the spokesman until Jed arrived. We hardly ever saw her.

The best hope we have is that Jed will continue to embarrass himself until he finally does what Eddie did after the Joe Thomas fiasco - turn over all football operations to a football guy and get out of his way.
Originally posted by dj43:
Based on past interviews she is known to be frugal. The lack of postseason/preseason free agent signings backs this up. We always try to be optimistic as fans but our trust with ownership/management is wearing thin. Time for another flyover banner, "Lisa Debartelo for Owner, make the 49ers Great Again"
I lay more of the lack of FA signings to the fact no decent veteran wanted to play here than to frugality on the part of Denise. Frankly, I doubt she has anything at all to do with how this team operates. John York was always the spokesman until Jed arrived. We hardly ever saw her.

The best hope we have is that Jed will continue to embarrass himself until he finally does what Eddie did after the Joe Thomas fiasco - turn over all football operations to a football guy and get out of his way.

She is the actual owner! Not Jed, not John, but Denise. She is the only one completely responsible for what's going on with the 49ers!

If I let my wife an son ruin my business I'm at fault because it is my business!
  • dj43
Originally posted by glorydayz:

She is the actual owner! Not Jed, not John, but Denise. She is the only one completely responsible for what's going on with the 49ers!

If I let my wife an son ruin my business I'm at fault because it is my business!

I understand she is the listed owner. My point was that I do not recall her ever going public with any statement on how the team is doing or any other business matter. It was always John until Jed came along.

John holds a position on 3 NFL committees; International development, player health and safety, and Audit. Denise is only on a committee that oversees the NFL Hall of Fame museum. That suggests to me Denise is not interested in the football operations.
[ Edited by dj43 on Nov 2, 2016 at 9:51 AM ]
Originally posted by glorydayz:

I understand she is the listed owner. My point was that I do not recall her ever going public with any statement on how the team is doing or any other business matter. It was always John until Jed came along.

John holds a position on 3 NFL committees; International development, player health and safety, and Audit. Denise is only on a committee that oversees the NFL Hall of Fame museum. That suggests to me Denise is not interested in the football operations.

This lack of interest is exactly what I am talking about, she should sell the team back to Eddie if she isn't interested in the team being successful!
Share 49ersWebzone