LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

My overall take on the team through 7 weeks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Good post OP. Optimistic instead of the negativity that this forum has most of the time.

Right. Because there is so much we should be optimistic about given our terrific owner, our brilliant GM, and a roster full of all pro players. I think everyone in the WZ would love to be optimistic. However, reality is that there is very little to be optimistic about and that most are realistic as opposed to having some fake optimism.

Reality is Jed York and Trent Baalke have taken a team from being a SB contender to a laughing stock in 4 years. They got rid of the an excellent coach who actually could give us hope, didnt spend money on free agents even though there was money to be spent, drafted 2 CBs in rds 3 and 4 and passed on the Cowboys future savior at QB in rd 4, and have seen their once proud franchise rated as DEAD last among every single franchise in the Big 4 sports in an ESPN poll. 122nd and LAST.

I am lucky enough to have been a season ticket holder during the glory years and seen a franchise that truly was great. There is NOTHING that most 49ers fans any optimism that those times will come anytime soon.

Dude the Dak thing is so old... how many other teams passed in him? How many selections? Cmon brah.

Who cares about the other teams. Most didnt have a huge need at QB like the Niners. It was a major f**k up but its no surprise. Everything this team has done in the past 3 years has been.
It's of real stuff to not be happy about. Missing on a 4th round pick isn't one of them.
Robinson has looked fantastic. Would I rather have Dak? Of course. Cowboys came up like a fat rat in a cheese factory. They were gonna go with Dak as a #3 if Romo and Moore don't get hurt. Kid is a gamer. Lot of people regret passing on him, life goes on and you can't disown someone cause of it or else a lot of people around the league would be fired if he was a can't miss.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Oct 30, 2016 at 3:15 AM ]
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Bradly Pinion leads the NFL in punting yards.

Dawson is still kicking the goals and missing very few.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Kap with his new afro doesn't like an ISIS member anymore
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Joking aside the team looks more organised then last year and seem to start much stronger. They have come close with some good teams but really need to keep it together for the whole game rather than the first half.

The team just have to gel with the new scheme and the passing game needs a lot more practice. QBs have to hit their targets and WRs needs to catch them.

This team has potential to improve dramatically. Under Tomsula it was just chaos that had no long term plan. Chryst could not call a play to save himself. I don't want to go back there.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
My overall take on the team through 7 weeks...They're poo poo.
We have got so used to being smashed in the face with what is wrong and bad and ugly that I don't think we will be able to see the real positive if it does happen.

I mean it is virtually impossible to talk about positives (mostly coz there aren't many) without being jumped on from a great height with reality checks. So when things eventually turn around it will be hard to recognise without someone pointing out that other team had a bad situation etc.

I think we all need to forget Jim Harbaugh, and realise that the Yorks are not going anywhere. We must just focus on what we have and appreciate that for what it is.

And then........
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KeepRabbitsOut:
We have got so used to being smashed in the face with what is wrong and bad and ugly that I don't think we will be able to see the real positive if it does happen.

I mean it is virtually impossible to talk about positives (mostly coz there aren't many) without being jumped on from a great height with reality checks. So when things eventually turn around it will be hard to recognise without someone pointing out that other team had a bad situation etc.

I think we all need to forget Jim Harbaugh, and realise that the Yorks are not going anywhere. We must just focus on what we have and appreciate that for what it is.

And then........

Sounds about right.

There is a lot to recover from from last year. I am still optimistic things will get significantly better in the second half of the year
Originally posted by Goatie:
Sounds about right.

There is a lot to recover from from last year. I am still optimistic things will get significantly better in the second half of the year

I truly believe most of us want that........except the ones that want us to tank to get a high draft pick.
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Sounds about right.

I truly believe most of us want that........except the ones that want us to tank to get a high draft pick.

Some get off on whining. They sound like Poms

Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by NorthWest9Er:
I truly think WR is a need over QB at this juncture. The fact that most of our receivers drop pass after pass is glaring.

Stopped reading after bolded....

Me too.....we must get our QB in the first round of this draft. Fill in the pieces after that but get the QB first this time.
Sounds about right.

Some get off on whining. They sound like Poms

My take is that whether we have $50-$100M in cap space, no free agent is coming here and he certainly isn't coming here making more than Bowman.

This team will be forced to be a draft and development team the next three years.

Hopefully by then we'll have hit on some impact players at the key positions (GM, HC, DC, OC, Scheme/Philosophy, QB, ZWR, ILB, OLB)...and signed some core starters.
It would have been way more quicker to read if you were to just list the positions we are really good at.

Here's the list:

-LT Joe Staley
-HB Carlos Hyde
Unfortunately, sadly, we found out last yr that NC's first sentence was true. A good many fans put that on Baalke, but later we found out....the FAs just flat out didn't want to come here. Too much dissension(Kap), F.O, tomsul(thanks Jed), and on and on. I would hope at least we don't have the Kap business affecting us next yr. Strange how one yr ago, it looked like we had the answer for this yr....a contest between Kap and gab. Well, we were dead wrong. Turned out it was a race to the bottom. Then we had ponder...and realized why we had picked him up off the unemployed rolls. Then we drafted Driskell....only to let him go on waivers. It seems that every move we made was made on bad facts, bad talent, bad coaching, bad GMing, and bad ownership. And the agents for the FAs...they knew all that all too well. So all that money that we had thot was going to bring us real talent at least at 3 slots, maybe more...was wrong. Who would have guessed with all that money to spend,, we couldn't even get a sniff by FAs. We are bad, and now this is our deserved desert.

Baalke and chip had a good draft IMO, way better than in last 2-3 yrs, but then, as OTC points out look at our talent....not very good...whose fault is this? in final analysis....our GM, Trent Baalke. So what happens with GM will have a bearing on our draft next yr. Once again, we have to acknowledge that FAs are just not coming here. One thot would be to get guys like Steve Young, or Jerry Rice, maybe Montana...to help out at FA time. I suspect that wouldn't help, but it is a thot.
Share 49ersWebzone